Removing Spam Homepage - HELP

eisenhulk

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, gang....here is one I can't seem to figure out.

While viewing some risqu? albums on Tumbler, apparently I clicked on a link that I shouldn't have. As a result, I have a web site on my browser I can't get rid of. No matter if I clear all history, cache, data, etc., the browser still defaults to this web site. If I try clicking the back button, it still shows. I've tried changing the home page, but to no avail. How do I remove this problematic issue? It's killing me.

Thanks in advance, everyone.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
If you're using the stock browser, just open a second tab, when you do that it should show you the one you just opened and the offending tab, just click the little X to close the offending tab, that should be the end of it. Also, somewhere in your browser settings you can set your homepage.

Sent from my HTC DROID DNA

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Also, somewhere in your browser settings you can set your homepage.
The OP tried this already.

You can also download AVG antivirus and a scan should help remove it.

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

eisenhulk

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Actually, the suggestion about opening a second page, then closing the original worked. Thanks, Imnutsnj.

AVG didn't work. I'm still concerned that something is on my phone that could be damaging. AVG doesn't show any harmful items on my phone. Should I be concerned?

Sent from my totally awesome Sprint Galaxy Nexus, even if I don't know all its secrets yet.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

This is what happens before the first cup of coffee kicks in..... lol

The first tip should take care of it as I've had to do that several times, there's always one pesky site that just refuses to go.

I'm 1000% behind the anti - virus, especially those that let you know that your about to visit a risky site. AVG here also.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the suggestion about opening a second page, then closing the original worked. Thanks, Imnutsnj.

AVG didn't work. I'm still concerned that something is on my phone that could be damaging. AVG doesn't show any harmful items on my phone. Should I be concerned?

NP, I've had to do it enough..... lol

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
And it isn't returning when you open a new tab (ie as the homepage)?

It won't return gnr_2, I think when you open a new tab and close the original it resets the starting point of the browser, don't know how or why it does, but fortunately it does.

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, the home page and the open page aren't the same thing. The home page comes up when you start a new tab. Otherwise it just "saves your session" and reopens the last tab you had open. You might be able to change this in settings. I know I could on the BlackBerry but it annoyed me having what I was doing closed each time I closed the browser.