Any thoughts on the HTC One?

8100User

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
  • Cut from a solid block of aluminum
  • Instead of the usual Homepage, HTC gives you BlinkFeed, ...." a stream of blips and bites from the web in addition to your local weather and the time".
  • 4.7" screen with a 468ppi 1080p display
  • Front facing speakers with Boomsound, which, according to HTC, makes the speaker sound louder and clearer.

All in a White, aluminum body!

Not ready to give up my 5" DNA just yet, but it looks interesting... (it's also been announced for several cell phone carriers, but Verizon isn't one of them)

xlarge.jpg

HTC One: The Great White Hype Is Here

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yea I want to know if Sense 5 will be available for the Droid DNA. This phone doesn't have that much to offer on top of the DNA, and I actually prefer the 5 inch screen. I'm still not sold on this whole Ultrapixel thing, would have to see some real world performance first. I do LOVE Sense 5, but I have a bad feeling it won't be coming to the DNA. I know that we saw those screenshots a while back, but that could have just been a ROM developed from the M7/HTC One. I really really really hope I'm wrong, though.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Oh I'm sure Verizon will come out with it's own variant, slap red on the housing, a logo here and there, and then call it the Droid Incredible One. ;-) Of course it'll be 5 months too late. At any rate..

Things I like:
-Seemingly solid construction
-Looks great in the press shots
-Blinkfeed seems intriguing to me (others will disagree I'm sure)
-Display seems like it's going to be a winner
-I think the "New Sense" will be an improvement.

Things I don't like:
-Removal of multitask button and rolling it into a double tap on the home button. That seems like bad design to me. Their argument is that users don't really use the button often. Well they're definitely not going to be aware of it now.
-Not going to be available for Verizon. This seems like it might be more Big Red's fault than anything.

Not sure about:
-Camera

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I know that we saw those screenshots a while back, but that could have just been a ROM developed from the M7/HTC One.
I doubt there has been any ROM developed from or on the M7/HTC One seeing how it was just officially announced today.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I doubt there has been any ROM developed from or on the M7/HTC One seeing how it was just officially announced today.

Perhaps someone working at HTC was able to do this, leak the ROM which was then applied to the DNA. I mean, wasn't that Verizon Droid DNA in China or something? Doesn't seem too official from my perspective, but I really hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
"This phone doesn't have that much to offer on top of the DNA" . . .

Other than twice as much storage and a larger capacity battery you mean?
Thereby addressing two of the biggest concerns of the dna (acc to some)?

Ya it has more to offer, but since its not on verizon i guess we won't have to worry about upgrading, eh?

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
"This phone doesn't have that much to offer on top of the DNA" . . .

Other than twice as much storage and a larger capacity battery you mean?
Thereby addressing two of the biggest concerns of the dna (acc to some)?

Ya it has more to offer, but since its not on verizon i guess we don't have to be jealous, eh?

Well storage and battery are personal... My battery lasts me the whole day, and I have no problems with the 16gb. Each to his own I guess.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Well storage and battery are personal... My battery lasts me the whole day, and I have no problems with the 16gb. Each to his own I guess.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

That's why I said it was a concern *to some* . . That means not all . . Please read carefully

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's why I said it was a concern *to some* . . That means not all . . Please read carefully

I believe the assumption being made is that even though it's a concern to some, it's not a concern to the majority of buyers.

Last edited:

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm curious to see if 'ultrapixels' actually translates into a better camera. I'm sensing the trend with HTC phones is, the specs are top-tier at the time of release, but their cameras are like 1-2 years behind their competitors. I think the design of the DNA is more aesthetically pleasing, and I don't regret buying this phone (although I wouldn't mind a better camera and better battery life..)

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious to see if 'ultrapixels' actually translates into a better camera. I'm sensing the trend with HTC phones is, the specs are top-tier at the time of release, but their cameras are like 1-2 years behind their competitors. I think the design of the DNA is more aesthetically pleasing, and I don't regret buying this phone (although I wouldn't mind a better camera and better battery life..)

Are there comparisons that show the camera on the Rezound, One X, One S, and DNA are significantly (1 or 2 years!) behind their competitors (Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Lumia 900, Lumia 920)?

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Are there comparisons that show the camera on the Rezound, One X, One S, and DNA are significantly (1 or 2 years!) behind their competitors (Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, Lumia 900, Lumia 920)?

My DNA performs on par with an iPhone 4S (Oct 2011) but is significantly worse in low light. It performs noticeably worse overall than my friend's Galaxy S3, so I'd say yes. I know how to tweak settings, and try to use the app FV-5 for max customization when I can, so I wouldn't just attribute it entirely to user error. One of the most frustrating quirks (which might just be my phone) is that it has great difficulty obtaining the correct focal length. I'm really not expecting it to perform like my DSLR, or even a high-quality P-O-S, but I expected some improvements (as it is essentially a 2013 phone). At the very least, you can't argue that they haven't really bothered to improve the camera since their last release.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Honestly? I think it's ugly. I didn't like the red accents on my DNA all that much at first, but two things have happened - 1, I got used to 'em, and 2, I saw this new HTC one.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I say get a real phone - Z10. Seriously that HTC One looks sweet, but I wish it was available in black. If someone twisted my arm and forced me, I'd accept it :p It just goes on the pile of all the other phones I'd love to get, but by the time I will be ABLE to get it it will be old news and a NEW hot phone will be on the market. It's a plot by the tech bloggers to stay employed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87