Snapdragon Batteryguru

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
That sounds interesting, but as with Juice Defender it's not doing anything you can't. But it DOES do it, while a human might forget - one advantage of computers is that they don't forget unless they are told to. JD does more or less the same thing, but it uses location awareness to control mobile data - it worked, but didn't make a huge difference. I might give it a try though. It sounds cool.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried JD on my Bolt but it didn't help or hurt battery life so I uninstalled it. I don't know if this will help but I'm always up for trying anything that promises better battery life.

Sent from my ASUS TF5000T.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I very much doubt it will make any real difference - maybe like JD it will bump battery life by perhaps 20%, tops. Which is still worthwhile, but not earthshaking. Most of the battery is eaten by display and system, and there is nothing much you can do about that.

alcor34

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
It has been learning for the last two days. I'm curious to see what it's going to say/do. Like Wingznut stated... if it wasn't by Qualcomm...

Last edited:

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It's been learning for the last two days. I'm curious to see what it's going to say/do. Like Wingznut stated... if it wasn't by Qualcomm...

Mine is still thinking too. I am playing with in on the DNA, but I think I will try it next on the S3 since I have hard battery data on it.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed a decrease in my battery since installing.

Over an 8 hour period it has had over 3000 wakelocks and woke device over 1000 times.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Uninstalled. Using to much battery in standby.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Uninstalled. Using to much battery in standby.

How are you seeing it using battery? I looked at battery detail from the settings menu and it doesn't even appear - I am assuming the usage is nearly zero.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
My standby time went to hell after I installed it. It was showing anywhere from 3 to 5 percent of power used by aps. I'm guessing it had something to do with the 3 to 4 thousand wake locks and 1600 device wakes over a 9 hour period.

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
My standby time went to hell after I installed it. It was showing anywhere from 3 to 5 percent of power used by aps. I'm guessing it had something to do with the 3 to 4 thousand wake locks and 1600 device wakes over a 9 hour period.

OK, what are you using to track all that? Seriously - I'm curious. I'd like to see if it's doing the same to my phone.

Joe_Perone

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Installed it 5 days ago, been using it for a day. I notice really great savings so far. Standby it decreases very minimally, maybe 1-2% over a 10 hour period. I'll go to bed with it at 90%, wake up with it at 90% and use it for 30-45 minutes before it goes down. Great app from Snapdragon. I recommend it so far. Also, it isn't using any CPU, nor is it causing an excess of wakelocks on my device I've been monitoring it. Messages has more wakelocks than Snapdragon BatteryGuru for me. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Installed it 5 days ago, been using it for a day. I notice really great savings so far. Standby it decreases very minimally, maybe 1-2% over a 10 hour period. I'll go to bed with it at 90%, wake up with it at 90% and use it for 30-45 minutes before it goes down. Great app from Snapdragon. I recommend it so far. Also, it isn't using any CPU, nor is it causing an excess of wakelocks on my device I've been monitoring it. Messages has more wakelocks than Snapdragon BatteryGuru for me. Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in

Just installed on my DNA, started learning and said I should start seeing results in 2 days 2 hours. I'm on NOS ROM with Sense 5 and Beast kernel I believe and this phone is day and night better than my Gnex. Didn't expect this great of a battery with this screen (In Auto) and size of battery. This phone would be fantastic if it would of gotten 32GB or storage and around 2500mAh battery! My daughter has the HTC One and it's nice but I'll take my 5" screen instead. May need to intall this app for her, although she gets all day use from her One compared to her Sensation and shes a HEAVY user!

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Just installed on my DNA, started learning and said I should start seeing results in 2 days 2 hours. I'm on NOS ROM with Sense 5 and Beast kernel I believe and this phone is day and night better than my Gnex. Didn't expect this great of a battery with this screen (In Auto) and size of battery. This phone would be fantastic if it would of gotten 32GB or storage and around 2500mAh battery! My daughter has the HTC One and it's nice but I'll take my 5" screen instead. May need to intall this app for her, although she gets all day use from her One compared to her Sensation and shes a HEAVY user!

Let me know if that app works to extend your battery life! If I use my phone heavily I can run out the battery in 5-6 hours. :(