How many times has your DNA been replaced?

Stromson

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Received mine today and there was a small but obvious patch of dead pixels in the center of the screen, and a stuck pixel down near the bottom between the home key and app switcher button. Called up Amazon and shipping it back for a replacement. Hopefully this is a one-off issue...

cshmee

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Anyone replace with asurion on here, was wondering if they actually send you a new DNA or just a used one? Just the quality of the replacement in general?

mannw1977

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my second one. The reason is my wireless charging stopped working. I truly hope it doesn't happen again in the future. Love the phone. Never thought worthless charging would be a selling point but I love it.

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Number three and I just picked up a new sim for it due to issues. Pretty pissed.

On my refurbished phone I have 3 or more sim errors per day on a new Sim.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

First SIM issue hit today after picking the phone up this past Saturday.

Still #1 since mid December. Sim issue a few times, took it out and put back in, not a problem since. Love the DNA

I am on #2
For sim card issues try putting a piece of scotch tape on the backside of the card( the side opposite the contacts)

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
PCD seems to suck at refurbishing these phones. I've had nearly 10 replacements, but I think I finally have one without any issues. The last two have had build quality issues, I.e. one had the glass lifting at the bottom to where the capacitive light were visible from the bottom of the phone and the second had two capacitive buttons that wouldn't light up. It's too bad that HTC doesn't do their own repairs in the US.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Can anyone who has recently received a replacement tell me if the unit you received had the software update already installed? I have a cracking on the bottom screen of my DNA but really need to root and since that doesn't work with the update version I just might be screwed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone who has recently received a replacement tell me if the unit you received had the software update already installed? I have a cracking on the bottom screen of my DNA but really need to root and since that doesn't work with the update version I just might be screwed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

The last few I've had have all been up to date.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
The unit I got to replace one with a dead capacitive light seems to be alright besides the ugly yellow tint. Has anyone run into this kind of tint?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365306639.835900.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365306669.559905.jpg

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
At this point, I'm not going to even risk sending it back. I'm sure I'd just get another partially broken unit.

Well, I decided to send it back as the panel seems to have other issues (reds look a bit orange and there is significant backlight shadowing across the right side the screen) and one of the capacitive backlight seemed to have burned out (second phone in a row!). These refurbished phones suck royal you-know-whats.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well, I decided to send it back as the panel seems to have other issues (reds look a bit orange and there is significant backlight shadowing across the right side the screen) and one of the capacitive backlight seemed to have burned out (second phone in a row!). These refurbished phones suck royal you-know-whats.

How many have you been through now??

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Holy mother. Have they offered to replace it with a different device, or have toy rejected it? The DNA is a lovely phone, but if I had that many problems....sheesh. did you get it at launch?

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

I just keep getting crappy refurbs. I'm sure eventually (hopefully this next one) I'll get one without any major defects.

PittiesRule

Banned
Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Wow it looks like the dna is a lemon just like just about every other phone made by htc. I owned a htc blunderbolt and know I've learned my lesson and will never buy an htc product ever again. ...I hope you all have learned a lesson too.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37