How many times has your DNA been replaced?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Wow it looks like the dna is a lemon just like just about every other phone made by htc. I owned a htc blunderbolt and know I've learned my lesson and will never buy an htc product ever again. ...I hope you all have learned a lesson too.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2

I love my DNA and am genuinely pleased in HTC and Verizon's support of it thus far. I have owned it for two months and have recieved one update with a second on the way. My husband can't say the same for his GN2, which has yet to see an update for the software gliches he is suffering with. The phone itself is a great piece of hardware and software combined, but Verizon and or Assurion need to step up their quality control on refurbs.

Moded for common decency.
Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

anon5664829

Banned
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Wow it looks like the dna is a lemon just like just about every other phone made by htc. I owned a htc blunderbolt and know I've learned my lesson and will never buy an htc product ever again. ...I hope you all have learned a lesson too.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Then leave the HTC One sub forums.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
HTC phones are so bad that Samsung has admitted to hiring students to bad mouth and leave fake reviews on them.

But then again if I made plastic phones with cheap radios that got no reception in fringe areas I would want to deflect attention away from that too.

Had a Samsung once worst experience I have ever had with a phone and will never have another. If Samsung produced the only available android phones I would switch to the IPhone.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
HTC phones are so bad that Samsung has admitted to hiring students to bad mouth and leave fake reviews on them.

But then again if I made plastic phones with cheap radios that got no reception in fringe areas I would want to deflect attention away from that too.

Had a Samsung once worst experience I have ever had with a phone and will never have another. If Samsung produced the only available android phones I would switch to the IPhone.

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

The last Samsung device I had was a Samsung blackjack 2 and I swore from there on I would never get another Samsung! Bought it brand new, within four months the phone was cracking between the screen and physical keyboard. I could flex the phone, it was literally breaking in half. It was never dropped or thrown. The screen obtained an irrational amount of dust beneath it, and within 6 months the phone would recieve sms, but when I clicked on the thread, it would open up to a blank screen. I had to send and receive texts as mms in order to read and reply to a text message. That limited my correspondence via text to only those that had picture messaging (at that time, it wasn't included in a data package.) The only positive of that phone was the loud speaker. Which also went out by 7 months of ownership.

tre flip

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I had mine replaced 6 times for all kinds of reasons. The dna is a horrible device. Htc rushed this out.
I went back to the king Samsung. Got the note 2 and couldnt be happier.

tre flip

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The only lesson. we learned isyou are an ignorant troll all phones have duds Samsung included I can bring plenty of complaints about Samsung the shooty radios the dim oversaturated display,the cheap plastic build, that I have experienced, but coming to a forum just to troll makes you sound like the complete ***** you are.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
All phones do have bugs. Samsung is not rushing crappy phones. The dna is the worst phone ive ever used. When i plus all the others going through a average of 5 replacements something is wrong. So your the idoit on this one.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
All phones do have bugs. Samsung is not rushing crappy phones. The dna is the worst phone ive ever used. When i plus all the others going through a average of 5 replacements something is wrong. So your the idoit on this one.

There is no need to call names, even if he set the pace for it. Every one has an opinion, and opinions can not be wrong. The reasons behind them can be biased or from misinformation, but they are not wrong, even if we don't agree with them. The DNA may have been a lemon device for you, but for many others, including myself, it has been the best device we have owned. It is unfortunate that you had the experience with HTC that you did, and I am glad to hear that by switching to the note 2, you found everything you need in a smart phone. That is what I have found in the DNA.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
You should admit your mistake and then march into the VZW store and demand your phone be replaced with a completely different model.That't the only way it was possiblr foe me to get out of the nightmare known as blunderbolt.

My god I thought we had been through this before. Purchasing an HTC device is not a mistake.

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get through to a supervisor and they're monitoring the situation as I;ve had so many replacements. They're going to call me the day after I receive the next one and will go from there if there's an issue. Crossing my fingers!!!!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I've pulled a few posts from this thread for cleanup; let's keep things on-topic and friendly. Using language and calling others by insulting names isn't necessary. Remember to use the 'report post' button if there's a post you want the moderator team to see, and you're always welcome to PM me if you feel it's appropriate to do so.

For those working through lemons or quality control issues, it sucks to get one of those devices and can be hard to get a new one at times, but it's definitely worth it and you certainly deserve it for your money.

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I managed to get through to a supervisor and they're monitoring the situation as I;ve had so many replacements. They're going to call me the day after I receive the next one and will go from there if there's an issue. Crossing my fingers!!!!

I wish you the best of luck. After I dropped my DNA down some concrete steps, it had to be replaced. I had the phone insured through Best Buy. Because the phone was on back order, they just told me I could pick any new phone at their store that I wanted. Literally, they told me I could even reserve the Galaxy S4 if I wanted that as the replacement.

Because the HTC One is not on Verizon and I don't like the plastic look of the S4, I asked them to please find me a new DNA somewhere. They had an employee from another store drive a DNA down to my store from an hour north to give me a brand new DNA (not a refurb). I have had my new one for two weeks and it is perfect in every way.

If you buy a new phone in the future, I highly recommend using Best Buy to get it and insure it through them. They have just made me a life-long smartphone buyer from them.

I wish you the best of luck.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
OP here. After a week of 10 no sim card lock ups, 2 PUK lock ups and a couple of issues with airplane mode, blue tooth and HTC media link coming on by themselves, phone #4 is on the way. They offered me an LG Intuition or Razor M as replacements.I told them I love the DNA if it just didn't keep having these sim issues and have too much invested in HTC accessories. Wish me luck!

Notsosure

May 21, 2013
Visit site
OP here. After a week of 10 no sim card lock ups, 2 PUK lock ups and a couple of issues with airplane mode, blue tooth and HTC media link coming on by themselves, phone #4 is on the way. They offered me an LG Intuition or Razor M as replacements.I told them I love the DNA if it just didn't keep having these sim issues and have too much invested in HTC accessories. Wish me luck!

I give you props for your patience, I can't say that if my DNA goes out I will have that much patience. In fact I returned my First DNA within the first 2 weeks bc of PUK lock and SIM issue and went to a GN2 before I decided to come back. Right now I'm contemplating on going to another phone. Still deciding though, I do love this phone and feel like I don't want to give up on it. Right now I have no issues, works like a charm, hope it stays that way...knocking on wood. I do hope that your persistence pays off. :)

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk

skycross

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I wish you the best of luck. After I dropped my DNA down some concrete steps, it had to be replaced. I had the phone insured through Best Buy. Because the phone was on back order, they just told me I could pick any new phone at their store that I wanted. Literally, they told me I could even reserve the Galaxy S4 if I wanted that as the replacement.

Because the HTC One is not on Verizon and I don't like the plastic look of the S4, I asked them to please find me a new DNA somewhere. They had an employee from another store drive a DNA down to my store from an hour north to give me a brand new DNA (not a refurb). I have had my new one for two weeks and it is perfect in every way.

If you buy a new phone in the future, I highly recommend using Best Buy to get it and insure it through them. They have just made me a life-long smartphone buyer from them.

I wish you the best of luck.

The only thing I don't like about BB's insurance is that if you lose the phone you are out of luck. With Verizon that's covered also. If BB ever add that coverage I will make the switch.

My DNA has been awesome and I hope it stays that way. Love the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC