Htc DNA wont surf web and talk

Camillia Percefull

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the HTC droid DNA and not satisfied. This phone won't surf web while talking on the phone. Is there any setting that needs changed? Also when mobile hotspot is on and I receive a call it knocks me offline.

drew_p

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
The DNA is exclusive to Verizon lol but to the op, were you in a 3g area? From the specs the DNA sports voice and data only while on 4g and wifi. Of course if I'm wrong in sure someone will be kind enough to correct me ;)

no I'm not happy to see you, it's just a Note 2 in my pocket

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep. You can only talk and surf when you're on 4G LTE.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I've never had issues on any Android phone talking and surfing web at the same time on 4G and 3G (just can't remember for sure if I talked with the DNA on 3G but I know my older phones did). As far as I know there isn't any setting to enable it.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Drew_p is right. The DNA can only talk and surf on 4g or wifi. And I'm pretty sure no verizon phone can surf and talk while on 3g because of some weird thing with the cdma radios

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
There were a couple that could do it on 3G, like the Thunderbolt and, I think, the Rezound. It had to do with extra radios. But, in general, CDMA phones will not do talk and Web on 3G.

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
The DNA is exclusive to Verizon lol but to the op, were you in a 3g area? From the specs the DNA sports voice and data only while on 4g and wifi. Of course if I'm wrong in sure someone will be kind enough to correct me ;)

no I'm not happy to see you, it's just a Note 2 in my pocket

While it is exclusive to Verizon since it is an unlocked world phone it has been activated elsewhere.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Somewhat unrelated, but is there any way to stop the screen from constantly blacking out on the phone? I thought it was motion-activated, but even when I keep the phone still it blacks out after like half a second. It's a lot more difficult than it should be to end a call or multitask :p

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Somewhat unrelated, but is there any way to stop the screen from constantly blacking out on the phone? I thought it was motion-activated, but even when I keep the phone still it blacks out after like half a second. It's a lot more difficult than it should be to end a call or multitask :p
If you phone is 'Blacking out' it is the proximity sensor, when you raise the phone near your ear it will darken, should recover when pulled away.
If it's a sec and you've ensured sleep is set to say 30 sec / 1 min etc sounds like it maybe hw

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the HTC droid DNA and not satisfied. This phone won't surf web while talking on the phone. Is there any setting that needs changed? Also when mobile hotspot is on and I receive a call it knocks me offline.
If you are using the hotspot outside a LTE area yes per reasons stated above you might drop the hotspot, but it should auto connect after call.
You may also make calls and surf if connected to wifi within a 3g domain

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site

One other item to check (assuming you are on VZW w/ 4G service) - In Settings:Call:preferred Network - set to LTE/CDMA instead of Global. I don't know if it will make much of a difference, but when the phone came out, I saw some suggest that setting as being better for simultaneous surfing and calls. I don't know if it is true, but I have made that change to mine.

As others have indicated here, though: this phone does not have 2 radios like many previous LTE phones, so internet access while a phone call and on 3G is not going to happen. But unlike the VZW iphone 5 phone, you should definitely be able to have simultanous internet and phone while on 4G/LTE.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital