Pocket Carry DNA?

mgullick

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I've seen a few images of cracked screens on the DNA. Has anybody had problems carrying this phone in their front pants pocket? I always carry my phone in my front pants pocket but am concerned about cracking the screen on the DNA since it's so much larger than any previous phone I've had.

(I can't possibly carry a phone in my back pocket - I'd sit on the dang thing for sure.)

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have only carried my DNA in my front right pocket in many different kinds of pants and shorts and never felt like it would break. However I don't have any tight fitted pants and never put it in my back pocket because your reason sitting on it. I'm guessing the only way to break would be very tight pants doing some serious stretching.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I always carry mine in my front right pocket as well. I'm constantly crawling under houses and through attics, and I've never felt like I was going to damage the phone. I do have a case and screen protector though.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Front right hear as well. I don't run a case or screen protector, I make sure nothing else is in the pocket and I always make sure the screen is toward my leg. That way if I lean against something it's the back of the phone that is touched

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I wear skinny jeans.. case and no case.. front and back pocket.. all good. Just keep the glass facing you. For one so u don't bump the glass .. and 2 , the phone is curved that way.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a case or screen protector, and I always put my phone in my front right pocket. I'd say most of my pants and shorts aren't loose, but they aren't tight fitting either. Never had an issue with this phone or any other phone I've owned.

MadeInThe215

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering about this too. I'm buying my DNA this weekend and I almost always get a case and screen protector. The phone looks to have solid build quality but what about the screen? Is it gorilla glass? How does it handle being without a screen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering about this too. I'm buying my DNA this weekend and I almost always get a case and screen protector. The phone looks to have solid build quality but what about the screen? Is it gorilla glass? How does it handle being without a screen?

I had a few scratches on the bottom and not sure where they came from (don't think it has anything to do with being in my pocket) so I ordered a Zagg screen protector.

MadeInThe215

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I had a few scratches on the bottom and not sure where they came from (don't think it has anything to do with being in my pocket) so I ordered a Zagg screen protector.

Gotcha. I think I'll play it safe and get a screen protector too.

yankswinagain

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Screen against by body, front pocket like others. Mostly khakis. The one thing I would be careful of with jeans is the rivets near the pockets on the jeans and the screen.

john58543

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Carry with screen protector in left front pocket with screen against leg...no scratches.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I always carry my phone in my back left pocket as well. If I'm wearing my coat I keep it in my inner left pocket against my chest. I've never cracked a screen keeping it in my back pocket and I'm 6'2" @ 275lbs.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax