03-19-2013 01:19 PM
123 1234 ...
tools
    It started up again today. I also got it to go away by bringing down my notification bar, long pressing on the notification, clicking app info, and force stopping.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    03-14-2013 10:56 AM
    Do you people who have been experiencing this have 'Allow automatic updating' checked in Google Play Store? I have not had this issue, and I don't allow anything to auto update. Just a thought, especially Jennifer had it come back. I would suggest making sure that it is not selected and do what you did to get it to stop before. See if it comes back.
    03-14-2013 11:17 AM
    After getting this same notification, I decided to leave it alone & then this screen came up. I installed the new build & everything is back to normal. Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?-uploadfromtaptalk1363278259834.jpg

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2
    03-14-2013 11:24 AM
    Do you people who have been experiencing this have 'Allow automatic updating' checked in Google Play Store? I have not had this issue, and I don't allow anything to auto update. Just a thought, especially Jennifer had it come back. I would suggest making sure that it is not selected and do what you did to get it to stop before. See if it comes back.
    I have all auto sync and auto update options disabled to try and preserve data.

Attached Thumbnails Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?-uploadfromtaptalk1363278286850.jpg  
    03-14-2013 11:24 AM
    It also came back a third time when I opened the fb app to change my cover photo.

03-14-2013 11:27 AM
    I have all auto sync and auto update options disabled to try and preserve data.

Do you also have it checked off on the individual app? Sometimes apps have that checked by default, even if you have it turned off in settings.
    03-14-2013 11:30 AM
    After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a Samsung Epic 4g Sprint android phone.
    I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. I clicked on the other download button. But, again could not figure out what to do. I finally just pushed my finger on the download green line and held it there until it turned blue. check marked in the box and pushed the clear button. It went away. I've been checking my phone constantly for the past half our and it has not returned.

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
    LindaJ
    thank you so much!! I have an HTC EVO 3D; I was able to go to all apps -downloads and clicked the box and trashed it. This has been killing my battery for 2 days. Thanks so much!!!
    03-14-2013 11:37 AM
    Do you also have it checked off on the individual app? Sometimes apps have that checked by default, even if you have it turned off in settings.
    No automatic updating. I have the option to update though, do you think I should, that it might fix the problem?

Attached Thumbnails Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?-uploadfromtaptalk1363279091540.jpg  
    03-14-2013 11:39 AM
    No automatic updating. I have the option to update though, do you think I should, that it might fix the problem?

It could help. Don't know why this isn't more widespread, but the worst that could happen is you'll get the notification again.
    03-14-2013 11:43 AM
    I updated, here's to seeing if it works. A quick search through the forums shows a similar problem with many devices, just a different build number.
    03-14-2013 11:49 AM
    I had this issue as well. Turning on wifi seemed to complete the download and I was prompted to install this new build. Apparently one of the new features as shown in the screencaps above is downloading via wifi. But it looks like the with this build the facebook app will be able to download files without any notification. So basically just like this build began without any action on my part in the future the same will happen only I won't even get an notification. I've looked around for a bit more information and haven't come up with anything. This 'update' seems to be standalone from the actual app, no ability to update from the play store and opening the facebook app doesn't trigger the update screen. so i'm declining to install this for now.
    03-14-2013 11:58 AM
    I am having the same issue, but Verizon is also not recognizing my Samsung Stratosphere as a VZW device for the last 2 days. The tech person on the other end doesn't have a clue as to why this is happening. I uninstalled Facebook from my phone and it is STILL showing up on my phone. So...her suggestion was to wait it out for a couple hours and see what happens. Glad to hear I am not the only one....how frustrating!!!
    03-14-2013 12:05 PM
    thanks a lot even I did same ... iam using note2 ... its worked ... now no such Facebook (build141046) download
    03-14-2013 12:06 PM
    i turned my wi-fi on and then off and it went away , hasnt come back neither
    03-14-2013 12:06 PM
    Force Stop on Download Manager solved my problem LG Optimus9

Thanks!
    03-14-2013 12:15 PM
    From my droid DNA, I connected to WiFi and clicked on the download, it brought up an in app update screen in facebook and allowed me to install the new build
    03-14-2013 12:17 PM
    EPIC ANSWER..... THIS WORKS............................
    GO TO OTHER DOWNLOADS ... CHECK THE OPTION <Facebook download> and Click on DELETE <Clear> button................................
    ITS GONE......................
    yes,it works just go in downloads,select other downloads and it will apear `facebook build 141046` and then select that and click cancel
    I turned off my mobile and wifi connections, then turned Mobil back on and it hasn't come back yet.
    03-14-2013 12:19 PM
    From my droid DNA, I connected to WiFi and clicked on the download, it brought up an in app update screen in facebook and allowed me to install the new build
    So do you think it will repetatively return until we accept the new build? I don't have WiFi at the moment to begin with, but I really don't want to accept an update that is going to allow itself to make any additional updates without my permission.

03-14-2013 12:20 PM
    I've killed download manager, it comes right back to life in a minute or two. I'm on EVO 4G LTE with Jelly Bean.

Where does one find "other downloads" to kill the build 141046 update?

"yes,it works just go in downloads,select other downloads and it will apear `facebook build 141046` and then select that and click cancel "

Facebook app is NOT on auto update
    General Google Play setting is NOT on Auto update
    Download only on WIFI is ON
    I'm not on WIFI but Sprint poor connection

So WHY is Facebook ignoring every Android setting and killing my battery?????? Down to 28% battery now, will be dead before I go home!! Should know it would be Facebook to do something like this.....

I'm being Zuckered!!!
    03-14-2013 12:53 PM
    I'm having the same issue with mine as well, I uninstalled FB, rebooted my phone and the notice is still there. I just reinstalled FB again and its still there. Droid Bionic w/ JellyBean
    03-14-2013 01:03 PM
    I did every single one of the suggestions above, and at this point do not even have FB on my dink2, but the weird download continues....
    03-14-2013 01:34 PM
    After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a xperia walkman android phone.
    I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. n delete it from there

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
    -pankaj
    03-14-2013 01:37 PM
    mine started this morning - tried every idea listed here, even force stop/ clear data/ disabling downloads. goes away and then starts over in a little bit. so annoying, plus it seems to be draining my battery like crazy
    03-14-2013 01:49 PM
123 1234 ...