Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It shows up as a download, or in process download and has been there for two hours and hasn't gone away no matter what I do?
I restarted, cleared notifications, disabled data. Any ideas?
Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Brent372

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing on my Rezound... UGH

2013-03-13_18-30-51.png

Brent372

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Did you figure out why it did that and how to make it go away?

Nope. Really hoping somebody else chimes in that might have some ideas. Like the OP stated, rebooting doesn't work, turning off data doesn't work. I went through and killed running processes one by one hoping to see it go away eventually, but it never did (even to the point of having to do a battery pull because I was killing core Android processes). I have a post about it over at Phandroid. I was going to make a separate one here in the Rezound section, but after seeing this one, I will hold off.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
No idea where it came from or how to get rid of it. Tried clearing fb data, also didn't work. I Abe auto sync off so idk how it could have initiated.

LindaJ1250

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a Samsung Epic 4g Sprint android phone.
I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. I clicked on the other download button. But, again could not figure out what to do. I finally just pushed my finger on the download green line and held it there until it turned blue. check marked in the box and pushed the clear button. It went away. I've been checking my phone constantly for the past half our and it has not returned.

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
LindaJ

ridealways

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with VZW tech for resolving the Facebook Build 141046 in the notification bar problem.

Solution: 1. Uninstall Facebook as one of your apps. The Notification will NOT go away at this time.
2. Re-install Facebook. The Notification bar will change to a normal install for Facebook. Problem should be resolved.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a Samsung Epic 4g Sprint android phone.
I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. I clicked on the other download button. But, again could not figure out what to do. I finally just pushed my finger on the download green line and held it there until it turned blue. check marked in the box and pushed the clear button. It went away. I've been checking my phone constantly for the past half our and it has not returned.

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
LindaJ

I was able to end it by doing this. Thank you so much! I still have no clue why it happened, but glad I got it to go away. Im pretty anal about having things in my task bar :-X

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Just got off the phone with VZW tech for resolving the Facebook Build 141046 in the notification bar problem.

Solution: 1. Uninstall Facebook as one of your apps. The Notification will NOT go away at this time.
2. Re-install Facebook. The Notification bar will change to a normal install for Facebook. Problem should be resolved.

I would have tried that, but fb is stock on my phone, I can only uninstall updates

Steven Middleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Stock Apps for android should be uninstallable by google play (android market) If the app is a live app on the market. I Have the T-Mobile G2X which is a google phone so it comes stock full of google apps. The phone settings wont let me delete the apps but the ones that are on the market I can select the app there and it let's me chose between open and uninstall.

Steven Middleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Stock Apps for android should be uninstallable by google play (android market) If the app is a live app on the market. I Have the T-Mobile G2X which is a google phone so it comes stock full of google apps. The phone settings wont let me delete the apps but the ones that are on the market I can select the app there and it let's me chose between open and uninstall.

Forget I said this, I'm stupid =(

alizara

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here
I have galaxy 3 and can't find "downloads" on it... :-\
tried to push on it, but it does nothing....
Uninsulled the app and reinstulled it again, nothing helps...
It really bugs me out, please help!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20