Facebook Build 141046 in Notification bar?

alizara

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here
I have galaxy 3 and can't find "downloads" on it... :-\
tried to push on it, but it does nothing....
Uninsulled the app and reinstulled it again, nothing helps...
It really bugs me out, please help!!!

never mind, found it :), i'm stupid:-[

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It started up again today. I also got it to go away by bringing down my notification bar, long pressing on the notification, clicking app info, and force stopping.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you people who have been experiencing this have 'Allow automatic updating' checked in Google Play Store? I have not had this issue, and I don't allow anything to auto update. Just a thought, especially Jennifer had it come back. I would suggest making sure that it is not selected and do what you did to get it to stop before. See if it comes back.

MrRicks84

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
After getting this same notification, I decided to leave it alone & then this screen came up. I installed the new build & everything is back to normal. uploadfromtaptalk1363278259834.jpg

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you people who have been experiencing this have 'Allow automatic updating' checked in Google Play Store? I have not had this issue, and I don't allow anything to auto update. Just a thought, especially Jennifer had it come back. I would suggest making sure that it is not selected and do what you did to get it to stop before. See if it comes back.

I have all auto sync and auto update options disabled to try and preserve data.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363278286850.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363278286850.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 34

misyangel

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
After a frustrating couple of hours fooling with this, I finally found a way to end it. I also tried removing the battery and all else I could think of. Been searching everywhere online, still have no idea what it is, what it was downloading or why. But, I don't care...it's gone. and Facebook seems to be working well.

I have a Samsung Epic 4g Sprint android phone.
I went to downloads and found it under "other" downloads. I clicked on the other download button. But, again could not figure out what to do. I finally just pushed my finger on the download green line and held it there until it turned blue. check marked in the box and pushed the clear button. It went away. I've been checking my phone constantly for the past half our and it has not returned.

Hope this helps a little! Good Luck!!
LindaJ

thank you so much!! I have an HTC EVO 3D; I was able to go to all apps -downloads and clicked the box and trashed it. This has been killing my battery for 2 days. Thanks so much!!!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Do you also have it checked off on the individual app? Sometimes apps have that checked by default, even if you have it turned off in settings.

No automatic updating. I have the option to update though, do you think I should, that it might fix the problem?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363279091540.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363279091540.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 26

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I updated, here's to seeing if it works. A quick search through the forums shows a similar problem with many devices, just a different build number.

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue as well. Turning on wifi seemed to complete the download and I was prompted to install this new build. Apparently one of the new features as shown in the screencaps above is downloading via wifi. But it looks like the with this build the facebook app will be able to download files without any notification. So basically just like this build began without any action on my part in the future the same will happen only I won't even get an notification. I've looked around for a bit more information and haven't come up with anything. This 'update' seems to be standalone from the actual app, no ability to update from the play store and opening the facebook app doesn't trigger the update screen. so i'm declining to install this for now.

Bonny Harris

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I am having the same issue, but Verizon is also not recognizing my Samsung Stratosphere as a VZW device for the last 2 days. The tech person on the other end doesn't have a clue as to why this is happening. I uninstalled Facebook from my phone and it is STILL showing up on my phone. So...her suggestion was to wait it out for a couple hours and see what happens. Glad to hear I am not the only one....how frustrating!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae