Droid DNA will not turn on. WTF?

beirlilny

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had the DNA since it came out, so this is not a replacement or a refub.

I have noticed in the past week that the battery is draining really quickly. I can go a whole day without my battery turning yellow and lately I have been having to charge it about 4 or 5 hours before I go bed. Today, I picked up my phone and the battery was in the red, after being off of the charger for only 4 hours and using it for 30 minutes. I attached it to the USB cord and plugged it into my laptop and the phone shut down after about 45 seconds of charging. I plugged the charger into the wall and waited about 10 minutes for it to get a little bit of a charge before trying to turn it back on. After pressing the power button for 15 seconds, it would vibrate and show the white "HTC" screen, then turn itself back off. This is all it would do. After 45 minutes, I tried turning the phone back on after unplugging it from the charger and it booted up just fine.

Just now, about an hour and a half after the first incident, I received a text and the phone shut itself down and will not turn back on, again. Last time I checked, the battery was at 34%. Again, I cannot get past the white HTC screen without the phone shutting itself back off. Also, I read that if you hold the power button down for 20 seconds, you will see three LED lights flash and this signals the phone to reset itself and boot back up. I've tried it and it didn't work.

Does it sound like the battery is going so dead so quickly that the phone will not power up?

I guess either way, whether it is the battery or some other defect, I'll have to take it to VZW. I REALLY don't want to do that. I REALLY don't want a refurb.

Has anyone experienced this? What had to happen to remedy the problem? Thanks in advance!!

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Get it charged up and, try a factory reset. that might do the trick.

My Rezound did something similar, it got to about 30% and, the battery drain started to accelerate. One tip after you get it turned on, would be to turn off Mobile Network, that should stop the crazy battery drain. A factory reset fixed my Rezound, and, it behaved much better after that.

Good Luck

unger316

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine did something very similar to this last week. I just plugged it in and let it charge for a few hours and did a factory reset like mentioned above and its been fine since.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

jiffy1227

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey mine has the same problem but whenever i try to perform a factory reset the phone only goes back to the white htc boot screen an turns back off. Can someone please help? Thanks

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I've never had this problem, but perhaps you should let it stay on the charger for what would represent a full charge (4 hours or so?) And try to turn it back on from there. If it doesn't turn back on, try the factory reboot method with hardware keys.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I would plug it in to the factory charger and wait several hours before powering up the phone. When it comes up use it for a while and then determine which app is using the battery.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

rpopkin

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I just came across this and am having a similar issue, only mine will not power up at all. It died after a phone call, flashed three led's and has not powered since

Carrie Suttmeier

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
My DNA just died. The battery was at like 67% when I last looked at it. I tried putting it in the charger after trying to turn it on and then trying to reset it. I have had the DNA since the end of February of 2013. Should I just take it to Verizon? I have not dropped it in any liquids, although I did receive message stating that a website had given my phone a virus. Is it possible that a virus infected the phone and it shut down to protect itself?

Any help is greatly appreciated.