Received my DNA last night- Loving it

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Back in November, I bought a Galaxy S3 on Verizon and have had nothing but issues with it; the phone was replaced 4 times and I finally asked for a different device. Needless to say, after one technical support telling me he can send me "any phone on Verizon that isn't an iPhone or the Galaxy Note 2" and him telling me he would call me back the next day after he connected me with Samsung to ask for a new device instead of certified like new device, he never called me back. Samsung would not agree to ship me a new device so I eagerly awaited his phone call but it never came. I finally called and explained the situation to 5 different technical support people and two supervisors, all of which told me it could not be done. All 7 people I spoke too wrote that other guy an email to contact me, but he never called me back. It took me all week, and speaking with an additional 9 people, cancelling my account twice and having it reactivated and speaking in a very soft but stern tone, I finally got someone on the phone who shipped me a DNA. Yes, its a certified like new device, but it looks brand new, and so far has been acting like it. I have had not a single issue about anything (my only gripe is the battery % in the status bar, but I downloaded a widget. I have had the incredible, the thunderbolt, the incredible 2 but jumpship to the iPhone 4S intead of the rezound and then the S3 instead of the DNA. I am officially an HTC fan and am glad to be back.

:) I ordered about 6 cheap cases off Amazon for under a dollar each, I'm just waiting for them lol. :-$

RazrMaxx1345

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I swear the like new devices are once used. I have had tons of em in the past and they never look like they were ever touched.
Enjoy the DNA that is one bad azz phone

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Thank you! Yea, I had a few thunderbolts and one iPhone CLND, and they usually work just fine, however the S3 hated my personal body electrical charge or something because they all had the same issues and refused to work for me, lol. The lack of SD card doesn't even bother me, I have a 5th gen iPod with everything on it so..

oOMavrikOo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Back in November, I bought a Galaxy S3 on Verizon and have had nothing but issues with it; the phone was replaced 4 times and I finally asked for a different device. Needless to say, after one technical support telling me he can send me "any phone on Verizon that isn't an iPhone or the Galaxy Note 2" and him telling me he would call me back the next day after he connected me with Samsung to ask for a new device instead of certified like new device, he never called me back. Samsung would not agree to ship me a new device so I eagerly awaited his phone call but it never came. I finally called and explained the situation to 5 different technical support people and two supervisors, all of which told me it could not be done. All 7 people I spoke too wrote that other guy an email to contact me, but he never called me back. It took me all week, and speaking with an additional 9 people, cancelling my account twice and having it reactivated and speaking in a very soft but stern tone, I finally got someone on the phone who shipped me a DNA. Yes, its a certified like new device, but it looks brand new, and so far has been acting like it. I have had not a single issue about anything (my only gripe is the battery % in the status bar, but I downloaded a widget. I have had the incredible, the thunderbolt, the incredible 2 but jumpship to the iPhone 4S intead of the rezound and then the S3 instead of the DNA. I am officially an HTC fan and am glad to be back.

:) I ordered about 6 cheap cases off Amazon for under a dollar each, I'm just waiting for them lol. :-$

I'm sorry you went through so much to get your DNA. It took me three replacement Droid RAZRs before a tech said I could go to the S3. I then asked about the DNA and he set it up for me. Been loving ever since. I don't think I'll ever use another non HTC device again unless they go out of business. I'm even thinking buying the One just to support them.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

anon(30569)

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I just tried to use my camera and it doesn't work. I did some searching online and tried some of the fixes, to hold down the power button until it resets, clear the defaults, clear data, force close it, and to try a separate app from the app store but none worked, so I did a factory reset and it still doesn't work. So after 4 long months of dealing with non working S3's, I get a non working DNA. I think I'll just cancel my account with Verizon because of the complete lack of care for their customers and definite incompetence they have and just go cell-less. I really don't even know what to do anymore. lol I did not think it was possible to have 6 separate defective devices in 5 months. :/

EDIT-UPDATE I spoke to a woman in a NY call center who remotely connected to my device and watched my screen from my monitor as I attempted to open the camera 4 times after an additional factory restore/wipe and she is shipping me yet another certified like new device lol. Hopefully this is the last time!

Last edited:

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, I just tried to use my camera and it doesn't work. I did some searching online and tried some of the fixes, to hold down the power button until it resets, clear the defaults, clear data, force close it, and to try a separate app from the app store but none worked, so I did a factory reset and it still doesn't work. So after 4 long months of dealing with non working S3's, I get a non working DNA. I think I'll just cancel my account with Verizon because of the complete lack of care for their customers and definite incompetence they have and just go cell-less. I really don't even know what to do anymore. lol I did not think it was possible to have 6 separate defective devices in 5 months. :/

EDIT-UPDATE I spoke to a woman in a NY call center who remotely connected to my device and watched my screen from my monitor as I attempted to open the camera 4 times after an additional factory restore/wipe and she is shipping me yet another certified like new device lol. Hopefully this is the last time!

Yeah hopefully. I this phone is amazing.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

law2010

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Good luck with your phone. Hopefully your new DNA works out well. My DNA works great and I only switched from an iPhone 4 due to sheer boredom with the operating system.

The DNA was worth the switch. The 1080p screen is gorgeous.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac