WidgetLocker alternative?

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys -- I've just gotten my DNA a few days ago, and it's a really fantastic device. I came over from an iP5, so smoothness of UI is a HUGE thing for me...

I've already downloaded and am currently using NOVA Prime (which has been great), and now my one issue is my lock screen.

I currently use WidgetLocker (have been since I've been with Android -- had it with my old RAZR as well), and it's just a bit laggy when unlocking my screen. I don't know if it's lagginess or dropped frames, but either way, it's becoming bothersome!

What do you guys suggest as an alternative (if there IS one?)

TIA,
Andrew

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
I just tried C Locker. It's pretty nice. Let's you have 7 shortcuts and a different lock screen wallpaper, though I couldn't seem to get that function to work. The battery bar at the bottom was a nice touch that I would've used if I wasn't already using Battery Widget Reborn Beta. I stopped using it though because it wasn't as fluid for me as the stock lock screen. It's definitely worth a look for those people also looking for an alternate lock screen.

A cautionary note: It forces you to disable the lock screen so it can act as the lock screen. I'm not quite sure if this affects screen locks because I don't use them, but just throwing it out there.

anon(924308)

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
WidgetLocker is usually pretty responsive, I noticed it's only laggy if you turn the screen off, then turn it on immediately after. Also, for some reason the clock widget takes forever to update.. But other than that I'm fine with it :). Is it laggy all the time for you?

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
It's laggy when unlocking -- so when I slide to the right to unlock (currently using the Honeycomb circular slider) it'll stutter on it's way over...

Something small, but really annoying to a perfectionist! Haha

dvdmon

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking around myself a bit. I used to use Widget Locker myself a lot on my old phone (Evo 3D) and it was sometimes a little fluky. After doing a bunch of searching I came across an app called Active Locscreen and I'm trying it out. It's not as configurable as widgetlocker but so far has been working pretty well - there are a whole bunch of themes you can download for it, there are different "folders" of apps that are accessible via a slide similar to Sense except they are groups of apps vs. a single app, so you can slide up on the talk/contact folder and then a slew of additional apps are presented, thus allowing for a greater selection of items. The one problem I'm having right now is that it doesn't seem to want to let me add apps that are system apps, like Navigation or Phone, so I need to contact the dev about that. There's a contact folder, but it only lets you specify individual contacts for direct dial. Finally, it does not allow for widgets (other then some that it has build specifically for the app, which are mainly display of various rss feeds). However, the way to get around that limitation for any lockscreen app, if you really want widgets on it, is to install the excellent app Overlays Pro and assign a widget or widgets just to that lockscreen app...

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
WidgetLocker is usually pretty responsive, I noticed it's only laggy if you turn the screen off, then turn it on immediately after. Also, for some reason the clock widget takes forever to update.. But other than that I'm fine with it :). Is it laggy all the time for you?

This is the only problem I've noticed.not really a problem. It is otherwise great.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djaa7