Has Anyone Had The No SIM Issue In The Past Month??

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Strange but all of a sudden the SIM issue has vanashed on my phone. I wonder if the problem wasn't on Verizons end somewhere and not the SIM cards or the phone at all. All of a sudden it just seems like its "fixed". EDIT/UPDATE..Mine also started no simming again after a long while of no issues. I was hoping the recent update may have fixed it but I guess not...:(

Last edited:

orlanka

Dec 17, 2010
Visit site
Had it quite a few times yesterday and again overnight although it had been a couple weeks since it had happened. I have yet to do anything about it though. Haven't tried to the rubbing alcohol trick, re-seating it, or even replacing the SIM and it seems I have the same frequency of these issues as most folks.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
The quality of you cell signal does seem to play a part in this. I had a SIM card error a couple of days ago.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I haven't thank goodness. I went four months with nothing.... Then it happened like 5 times in two weeks and now I'm back to not having the issue again. For at least a month and a half. I have never removed my sim either

talonsmith

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Just got one this morning, and knew of it because of this site so I rebooted. Freaking annoying when you are driving at 70 mph and just trying to get Pandora up.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
What is the Sim issue? The last time I saw my Sim was when they installed at the Verizon store so I guess I do not have an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
What is the Sim issue? The last time I saw my Sim was when they installed at the Verizon store so I guess I do not have an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

You do realize that with such a comment, you are now destined to have the sim problem.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Barbara Young

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
After downloading the 4.2.2 release, totally lost all bars and when I try to make a call, I get the "no sim card" error, even though my card is clearly installed. Removed and installed battery with no luck. This morning when I took the Samsung battery out again, I see that the white sim card appeared to be partly "ejected" from the metal housing. So, I pushed it in, and voila, my phone started loading all my email and I have bars again. SO glad I didn't try the total reset that other forums were suggesting.

ddickinson

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Had it three times in a row last weekend After rebooting the third time took sim card out and reset it nothing since. My girlfriend got the same phone ( she liked mine so much she upgraded to it)after the software upgrade she hasn't had the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the rubbing acohol trick I missed that one

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Had it three times in a row last weekend After rebooting the third time took sim card out and reset it nothing since. My girlfriend got the same phone ( she liked mine so much she upgraded to it)after the software upgrade she hasn't had the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

What is the rubbing acohol trick I missed that one

You remove the SIM and clean the contacts with rubbing alcohol. Some have also had success with Windex.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci