Stylus for DNA?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
So I've been looking into getting a stylus for my phone, the finger prints on the screen protector are driving me insane! Has anyone tried the incipio inscribe or the targus stylus? I was previously told that sytli would not work with the DNA. If these do work, do you know how they respond with screen protectors? Any other brand you would suggest? Not looking for anything super special or exspensive, just something to do the job.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have not used a stylus on my DNA yet (yes, they do work, they just need to be capacitive capable), but there is a series of reviews here on AC that are quite comprehensive. I have experimented with a cheap one I found at Marshall's and found it ok. I have been meaning to test it on the DNA with the Markers app. I don;t remember the brand, but it was only a couple bucks.

Here's the Incipio review.

Incipio Inscribe Executive Stylus & Pen review | Android Central

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
From your link under capacitive touch screens.

"It can be overcome with a special capacitive stylus, or a special-application glove with an embroidered patch of conductive thread passing through it and contacting the user's fingertip."

Well... lol... I stand corrected. I apologize for the bad info I gave you.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Well... lol... I stand corrected. I apologize for the bad info I gave you.

I think the phone has to support it software wise, though, so no bad information. Upon further looking into reviews and such, it is stated that there is no pen support. Might buy a cheap capacitive stylus to test the theory and put it to rest. I know my husband's note 2 spen does not work with it.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I have not used a stylus on my DNA yet (yes, they do work, they just need to be capacitive capable), but there is a series of reviews here on AC that are quite comprehensive. I have experimented with a cheap one I found at Marshall's and found it ok. I have been meaning to test it on the DNA with the Markers app. I don;t remember the brand, but it was only a couple bucks.

Here's the Incipio review.

Incipio Inscribe Executive Stylus & Pen review | Android Central
I'm not super enthralled about the pen/stylus combo...hm. I wonder if anyone has tried it with the DNA and can confirm or deny whether a capacitive stylus will in fact work. In theory it should...

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not super enthralled about the pen/stylus combo...hm. I wonder if anyone has tried it with the DNA and can confirm or deny whether a capacitive stylus will in fact work. In theory it should...

I'll try the cheap one I have at home either tonight or tomorrow. I know it worked on my Rezound and also works on my Transformer. I'll post results.

According to the XDA Forums, it does work.

Stylus - xda-developers

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I use a stylus pen on my Gnex that my girl got with her tablet from radio shack. Works well actually.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

lpt2569

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
But I thought using a stylus on a phone was a Samsung "gimmick"? Next thing you'll want is multi-view! Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
A stylus most certainly does work on the DNA! I purchased a cheap stylus from Staples and it works great.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
But I thought using a stylus on a phone was a Samsung "gimmick"? Next thing you'll want is multi-view! Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Styluses are not a gimmick. Scrolling the screen with your eyes or keeping the screen lit as long as you are looking at it, yeah, maybe. Regardless, I am not anti Samsung, so its irrelevant.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
A stylus most certainly does work on the DNA! I purchased a cheap stylus from Staples and it works great.

Sent telepathically from my padded cell via an HTC DROID DNA

Sweet, ill be going to Walmart tonight. Ill look around for a capacitive stylus.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I can verify that capacitive styluses work on the DNA. I bought 3 of the Belkin brand for 19.99 at the px. The broad tip is inaccurate, though so maybe a fine tip would be more comfortable.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It works pretty good. For quick sketches its best to slow down a bit since the reaction seems a bit slow and can skip completely if you go to fast. Otherwise, a great addition to my phone that will make me love it even more!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364606875829.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364606875829.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 17

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20