Here is Where It Went Getting The New DNA as a Replacement Tomorrow

garl6

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Those millions live without cell phones because either they old, don't have it all upstairs,or mooching of other people cells like I c a lot of people without one do. Yeah I lived without one but I was a kid. Plus here in America they giving away cell phones so theres no excuse.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus rockin 4.2.2 using Tapatalk 2

I had no idea America was the entire world. I also had no idea poverty wasn't an issue affecting millions. I'm willing to bet I'm wrong in thinking millions of people are homeless or hungry or barely supporting a family.

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, just seemed kind of harsh the way you characterized people without phones, I would guess there are quite a few people that just flat out can't afford it; the phones may be free but good carrier service certainly is not. Sorry for the response, guess it just hit me wrong.

That's true but I can see a lot of non phone users ten or fifteen years ago but now between the government and consumer cellular its no excuse not to mention prepaid. Having communication is kind of a blessing now adays not to mention a tool

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I had no idea America was the entire world. I also had no idea poverty wasn't an issue affecting millions. I'm willing to bet I'm wrong in thinking millions of people are homeless or hungry or barely supporting a family.

As far as I've read and seem we BEHIND in cell phone tech compared to Asia and Europe. Now poverty and world hunger is a different issue and a different topic IMO

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Only for insurance claims. Warranty issues are dealt directly through verizon.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

I understand. I just don't see the hype in requesting a new unit. I've always expected a refurb if I am going to send in for an insurance replacement or send in for a warranty replacement because that's what you are generally told you are going to get. If you by chance get a new in retail box device, sweet. But if not, there's no need to threaten to sue. It was never in the warranty or insurance contract that you were promised a new device. Only within the first 14 days is that a guarantee.

On another note, I've had the SIM issue twice. Once on the 15th day of ownership, and Verizon replaced the SIM, and one two weeks after that. I have not had it since and that was back in January. I haven't done anything special to my SIM like clean, reseat, or add scotch tape.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Assurian replaces items with Refurbs, unless they don't have ready or available. If you're lucky they've just run out and send a new one.

jweimn

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I understand. I just don't see the hype in requesting a new unit. I've always expected a refurb if I am going to send in for an insurance replacement or send in for a warranty replacement because that's what you are generally told you are going to get. If you by chance get a new in retail box device, sweet. But if not, there's no need to threaten to sue. It was never in the warranty or insurance contract that you were promised a new device. Only within the first 14 days is that a guarantee.

On another note, I've had the SIM issue twice. Once on the 15th day of ownership, and Verizon replaced the SIM, and one two weeks after that. I have not had it since and that was back in January. I haven't done anything special to my SIM like clean, reseat, or add scotch tape.

Oh no I don't understand either just putting that out their in case some people weren't aware

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

RLGL1

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You know I'm not sure what color they are sending me.

So the final result is they can not send me a new model DNA so they are swapping out the DNA for a Note-2 it arrives on Friday.

You just need to do a Google search to see that they were selling the phone with 100s of no sim complaints. The fact it was removed retired then re issued is another telling story.

Well no once the phone is out of its 14 day return policy all they do is send you poorly rebuilt refurbished handsets.

So here is what happened. New phone arrives its the original model and a refurb. So I call Verizon and again they pretend they know nothing about the DNA SIM issue. So I call the guy a liaer and tell him that if they dont replace the phone with a new one I was going to call Visa and file a fraud case against them and have the $600 I paid for the handset reversed. They claim now they are sending me a new boxed unit tomorrow. If not im going ahead with filing a claim with Visa for selling known defective hardware.

It has arrived at the house. Will get my hands on it tonight when I get home from work.

Its now called The DNA sixteen Im guessing a Thirty Two will be coming soon. I bitched about my SIM issue so they are sending me a new service unit of the new model called the sixteen I will report back when it arrives tomorrow.

No April fools the new handset will arrive later this afternoon. Look for an update post tomorrow. Yes if they have changed the name to DNA 16 Im sure a bigger model is on the way why else would you now call the phone the 16.

Get a life
The name has not changed
the world is not going to ki** your a**

ddsdavid

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't understand expecting a new one either until my second defective refurb phone. At that point I screamed for a new one but got another refurb, fortunately third one seems to be a winner.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I didn't understand expecting a new one either until my second defective refurb phone. At that point I screamed for a new one but got another refurb, fortunately third one seems to be a winner.

Its hit and miss. If its a known problem with the phone, and occurred on the unit you bought new, why would you expect anything different on a new or refurb device? Some devices have it and some don't. Its luck of the draw, new or used.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Dam The Sammy Is Huge!! Sammy Arrived today in two boxes. The handset in one and the battery and case back in another. Here is a pic of the two side by side.

Attachments

• 080.jpg
    080.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 40

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why did you have 3 of them if you never had any issues with any of them?

First one was mine, loved it; it died to a bad fall, so got a replacement. The 3rd was for my wife. We would have gone Nexus 4 but we're getting a really good deal on Verizon and it's the only amazing service in the area for now, so will be with Verizon at least through this year unless the next Nexus makes it overtly worth it to switch to AT&T (and lose unlimited data).

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Nothing is worth losing unlimited data. NOTHING.

Really, getting her a gnex she had the HTC DNA, Galaxy S3 and Note 2 all as other options, but my analysis indicated the GNex to be a much better value for the investment than any of those. This year I'm hoping to see something worth the step up, but otherwise we're doing great with unlimited data and the only Verizon devices currently on 4.2.2 (that I know of).

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I agree on not giving up the unlimited data plan. This why I purchased the DNA at full list. FYI the Sammy note 2 is a really nice piece of hardware. The more im using it the more I like it.

Last edited:

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I've been satisfied with how easy it is to get a replacement from Verizon, but the quality of their refurbs is atrocious. I'm embarrased to say how many I've been through, but the one I currently have doesn't seem to have any major problems other than an overly warm-tinted display. At this point, as long as the phone makes calls and isn't falling apart, I consider it a good unit for a supposedly 'certified like-new' handset. The only thing I miss about Apple is their warranty support.

AndroidXTC

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
It was funny becase on Friday when they sent me the Sammy The FedEx Lady said wooowee all I have been doing this past week is delivering you phones. She said she has other people on her route with many multiple returns as well from Verizon so I don't feel so bad. You would think they would try and make sure these phones are repaired correctly. So far the Sammy is good so im happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol