Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Alright, so I've had this phone since December, and the battery life has been great. But today, like any other day, I charged my phone overnight, and it's literally been in my pocket all day - while the battery has SKYROCKETED down. It's apparently been "awake" while the screen is off and I have NO idea how this is, because I disabled wifi, mobile network (even though it says I was using it), and ALL of the locational services...the ONLY apps using the battery are the camera and mediaserv, which I haven't used at all - basically, does anybody have any ideas as to WHAT is going on?!

I even turned my phone off, and the battery went down 4 percent! I attached my charts because I legitimately cannot believe what's going on and it's kind of crucial for me to have my phone with me, I'll most definitely be bringing a charger around with my just in case this happens again, but being at college and needing to communicate throughout the day, makes this problem worry me.

Battery has been behaving 100% normal up until today and I haven't done anything differently (though the chart suggests SOMETHING triggered that downfall, but it was literally in my pocket all day, though, it was hot when I took it out?).

Thanks much, any advice or experience is appreciated!
    Attached Thumbnails WHAT happened to my battery today!?-2013-04-02_17-45-56-1.jpg   WHAT happened to my battery today!?-2013-04-02_17-45-42.jpg  
    04-02-2013 05:11 PM
    check this out: "Who is this 'Mediaserver' and why is he sucking my battery dry?" - xda-developers

the fact that mediaserver and camera are the only apps using up so much battery says they're linked somehow. The link I posted says that the issue is a corrupt media file, whether it be a picture, video, or whatever, so start going through those files and see if there are any that won't open, or just move all of them to your computer. Then see if the problem subsides.

It all makes sense, because that has nothing to do with data access, so it had to be a local problem.
    04-02-2013 05:21 PM
    I'm glad I'm not the only one. My battery life is normally decent but today & yesterday my battery drained extremely fast! My usage never changes. I'm a light to moderate user, so there is no reason for my phone to struggle to get 10 hours of life.
    04-02-2013 09:20 PM
    Little update, I've been checking the battery use today and it's behaving perfectly fine now, mediaserver hasn't been running and everything is back to normal...just weird because I didn't really do anything aside from restart my phone and yeah - it's been fine, curious to know what exactly triggered it, but it's good to know if you see your battery declining to check the use and if it's mediaserver, stop the application immediately! (and of course, now I'm carrying an extra charger just in case at all times lol)
    04-03-2013 12:27 PM
    same thing happened a couple of weeks ago on my Razr Maxx HD, so I'm thinking its more of an Android thing than a DNA thing. a simple reboot cleared it up, but it would've sucked if I had run out of battery when I was out.
    04-03-2013 02:07 PM
    Every once in a while I notice my battery life is draining faster than normal. In my case at least, it is normally because I left ESPN's website (full one, not mobile version) open in my internet browser. espn.com's constant refreshing of scores, comments, etc. doesn't allow my phone to go into sleep mode.
    04-03-2013 03:14 PM
    About once every week or two I get a dramatic battery drain. I'll look at my phone and it's down to 20% in the middle of the day.
    04-04-2013 12:23 PM