Chrome browser slow

Infinite Jest

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else noticed that Chrome is laggier and generally a less fluid experience than the stock browser on the DNA? I came from the US variant of the GSIII before the DNA and while the stock browser was fairly slow on that phone, Chrome was almsot as snappy as the stock browser is on the DNA.

NJones5500

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed it. I find it ironic that Chrome , a Google product, does not run as well as the stock browser on my Droid Razr Maxx. The stock browser on my phone is, ironically, powered by Safari. It's just called "browser" and has a globe icon . I will keep faith in Chrome and keep getting the updates until it gets better, but its slow, laggy, and sometimes even freezes when there's only one or two windows / tabs open.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I find that chrome would often stop scrolling even though the app wasn't frozen. I could back out of the page, reclick the link, and still could not scroll. Took me backing out of the app and retrying to get it to work. Now I'm just using the stock browser for sense 5.

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I recently uninstalled Chrome on the S3 and went back to the stock browser. I had the same problems Jennifer Stough had with it, and the stock browser is very fast for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca