Sense UI v TouchWiz v Stock

YankeeMike

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Is there a way to get rid of Sense on the DNA and go with Stock Android? I keep reading that Sense isn' that good nor is Touchwiz, but TW is improved?

I don't have a Droid phone but I want one...what's the knock on Sense? is it Iphone smooth or no?

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I had the HTC Thunderbolt and sense on that thing was VERY ugly. I bought the phone because I was due for an upgrade and it was the only 4G LTE phone at the time. Sense on the DNA however is beautiful in my opinion. I haven't had the desire to change it up that much. I can tell you from experience that it is far smoother and snappier through the OS than any iPhone I've ever used, including the 5. If you're looking to purchase an Android the DNA is definitely a good choice, but there are so many flavors out there and everyone has a different palate. :)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
If you're looking to buy and root/unlock. You can flash CM10.1 onto your DNA. It is stock android. The beauty with android is you can pretty much do what you want. Personally. I like sense over any other manufacturer branded skin/launcher. Right now I'm on a sense5 rom and I really like it. I normally use nova launcher but I've been good with sense so far. The DNA is an awesome device. I won't be looking to go with anything else for a long while:thumbup:

Adding my 5sense

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree 100% with the above post and I too am running a Sense 5 ROM without using a 3rd party launcher. Normally I use nova but I really like the sense 5 look. I would say it runs as smooth as stock and looks better. Can't really compare to TW since I've haven't used in years. Go to the store and play with all the phones and make your own choice, all phones are pretty good so you can't go wrong.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I was on touchwiz for a while and didn't see a problem with it. Then I moved to the Gnex and loved vanilla android. Now I'm on the DNA and really enjoy sense. Sense made me realize how ugly and terrible touchwiz was, So I don't think I'll ever go back to a touchwiz phone

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I was on touchwiz for a while and didn't see a problem with it. Then I moved to the Gnex and loved vanilla android. Now I'm on the DNA and really enjoy sense. Sense made me realize how ugly and terrible touchwiz was, So I don't think I'll ever go back to a touchwiz phone

I forced myself to use/try TW when I got my s3. That didn't last long at all. It never grew on me. I think the last time I used TW on a daily basis was when I had the Charge. When I got my note2. I went directly to nova and stuck with that well into my DNA. Then sense5 was flashed. I'm a happy camper:D

Adding my 5sense

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63