05-26-2013 04:08 PM
79 123 ...
tools
    I have a i5 cause I got it as a gift and I hate it and wanna go back to android.
    I have two trades lined up

I have - Black galaxy S3 + 150
    Or
    DNA + 80

I could get a note but its too big. It's just way to much phone. I'm so stuck on these two.

Reasons why I want DNA
    I LOVE SENSE
    I LOVE SCREEN
    AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
    I like htc
    5 screen is perfect size for me
    Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA
    I get mixed reviews on the dna battery
    11gb of storage is scary to me even though I only use 8 right now

Why I want the s3
    Fast phone
    Touch wiz is bearable
    Better camera (not really important to me)
    Fast phone
    Well developed for rooting
    Sd card slot
    Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
    It's plastic
    Touch wiz looks ugly
    Screen is not as good as dna
    It's pentile

I need help
    04-12-2013 10:50 PM
    I have a i5 cause I got it as a gift and I hate it and wanna go back to android.

Or
    DNA + 80

I could get a note but its too big. It's just way to much phone. I'm so stuck on these two.

Reasons why I want DNA
    I LOVE SENSE
    I LOVE SCREEN
    AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
    I like htc
    Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA

Why I want the s3
    Fast phone
    Touch wiz is bearable
    Fast phone
    Sd card slot
    Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
    It's plastic
    Touch wiz looks ugly
    It's pentile

I need help
    I will try to help....
    Liking or disliking a phone because of the launcher is a lame reason. There are other launchers on Play, free to download, and are so much better than stock.
    HTC does have very good build quality, however there are polymers (plastics) that outperform steel. Not these, however.
    The argument of screen quality of pentile or not has always confused me. I need to use a magnifying glass to see the imperfections on my S3 display. So for me, that is a crap argument.
    I like having an SD card slot for my music, photos, and videos so that I can use my internal memory for things like apps that I can't force to my SD card. No SD slot is a dealbreaker for me.

So, it comes down to what do YOU want in your phone? What is it that is the most important thing for you?
    sicario666 likes this.
    04-12-2013 11:27 PM
    I came from a HTC one v, I was already used to sense. The internal storage was no big deal, this DNA screen is so nice to look at. I love my DNA, never cared about rooting or changing anything. I have rooted other phones this one is just so easy to use. Just my opinion...the battery is just no issue for me, I get 10-12 hrs. Wireless charging is sweet...s3's don't have that.
    04-13-2013 12:56 AM
    S3 is older & 70$? Go with the DNA.
    04-13-2013 01:10 AM
    The battery on the DNA is fine - I think a lot of people see the size and make a judgement. I really like that some sites are now doing soak tests or other things that are standard to test the time to drain a battery. In light to moderate use, I can go a day and a half, sometimes more off the charger. If I am using it it heavy, then maybe I will have to stick it on a charger once during the day. I can get 4-5 hours of screen on time during one charge - I am not sure how much longer one expects unless using a Maxx.

I had a Galaxy Nexus prior to the DNA. The radios were terrible - in my house I couldn't get a signal, but now I get two bars of 4G on the DNA. Personally, this gives me pause on another Samsung phone. But, they have sold a ton of S3's so perhaps they are better than the GNex.
    04-13-2013 06:06 AM
    Maybe the screen quality is not important to you but unless you are blind the DNA sceen at 1920x1080p 441 ppi is hands down superior to the amlod display on the s3/note2,brighter more realistic image,no magnifying glass needed.but people saying they cannot tell the difference makes me think they need their eyes checked.
    sicario666 likes this.
    04-13-2013 11:43 AM
    The guy with the dna uped his his cash to the dna and 150.
    04-13-2013 12:49 PM
    04-13-2013 06:02 PM
    Without a doubt go with the Sansung note 2 you wont be sorry. Its amazing! Its not at all to big.
    04-13-2013 08:45 PM

Or
    DNA + 80

Reasons why I want DNA
    I LOVE SENSE
    I LOVE SCREEN
    AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
    I like htc
    Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA

Why I want the s3
    Fast phone
    Touch wiz is bearable
    Fast phone
    Sd card slot
    Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
    It's plastic
    Touch wiz looks ugly
    It's pentile

I need help
    Get whatever phone feels the best in your hands. The DNA is loaded to the teeth with premium hardware. The look and feel of the DNA are great. The DNA also has much beefier internal hardware.

The battery life on the DNA is alright. I use mine moderately, shooting off emails and texting all throughout the day. It gets to about 25% after being at work for 12 hours. However, I am always near a wall outlet or computer, so keeping the DNA charged is never an issue for me.

Good luck making your choice. The DNA is an awesome looking phone. However, the support for the S3 is very strong, which makes it a viable candidate as well because there are really amazing developers constantly tinkering with it.
    04-14-2013 10:02 AM

Or
    DNA + 80

I could get a note but its too big. It's just way to much phone. I'm so stuck on these two

Reasons why I want DNA
    I LOVE SENSE
    I LOVE SCREEN
    AMAZING BUILD QUALITY
    I like htc
    Fast phone

WHY I DOUT THE DNA

Why I want the s3
    Fast phone
    Touch wiz is bearable
    Fast phone
    Sd card slot
    Bigger battery

Why I don't want a s3
    It's plastic
    Touch wiz looks ugly
    It's pentile

I need help
    Show some common sense and go with the Note2 , all you have to do is scroll these forums to realize that buying an htc product and more specifically buying a dna is a huge mistake.
    04-15-2013 12:43 AM
    Show some common sense and go with the Note2 , all you have to do is scroll these forums to realize that buying an htc product and more specifically buying a dna is a huge mistake.
    Please tell me where buying an HTC, or in your words, more specifically a DNA, is a huge mistake? I love my phone. I chose between the DNA and the note 2, and I wouldn't go back if given the chance. My husband has the note 2 and I HATE it, primarily because of touchwiz and some of the weird problems it has like inability to connect to play store, screen rotation, and radio/speaker issues. And it is god awfully ugly in an otterbox. It would be a nice device without the problems, but I would have to install all third party apps to actually enjoy the phone. Choosing a phone has nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with preference. In my instance, I did not want a phablet or a Samsung device. I wanted size, but not too bulky, and a sharp screen. The DNA was the first phone on the market with a 1080p display, and remains the only one on the market until the official release of the ONE on the US market.

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA
    sicario666 and Sabrina Fair like this.
    04-15-2013 01:32 AM
    Please tell me where buying an HTC, or in your words, more specifically a DNA, is a huge mistake? I love my phone. I chose between the DNA and the note 2, and I wouldn't go back if given the chance. My husband has the note 2 and I HATE it, primarily because of touchwiz and some of the weird problems it has like inability to connect to play store, screen rotation, and radio/speaker issues. And it is god awfully ugly in an otterbox. It would be a nice device without the problems, but I would have to install all third party apps to actually enjoy the phone. Choosing a phone has nothing to do with common sense and everything to do with preference. In my instance, I did not want a phablet or a Samsung device. I wanted size, but not too bulky, and a sharp screen. The DNA was the first phone on the market with a 1080p display, and remains the only one on the market until the official release of the ONE on the US market.

Here you go darling, you won't find any threads like this on the N2 forums but I'm sure you'll find plenty on the blunderbolt and just about every other htc forum.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...-replaced.html
    04-15-2013 03:17 AM

so the only positive is the 1080 display , you do realize that a 1080 display makes no sense at all on a device that size?
    04-15-2013 03:21 AM
    Here you go darling, you won't find any threads like this on the N2 forums but I'm sure you'll find plenty on the blunderbolt and just about every other htc forum.

So, I completely understand that you had a bad experience with the Thunderbolt, but is it really necessary to troll this forum? Every phone model has its share of problems. Hell, at this point I'm probably a poster child for someone who should hate this phone with how many refurbished replacements I've had thanks to Verizon's B.S. "100-point inspection process", but after using the phone in general for this many months, I still would recommend it.
    sicario666 likes this.
    04-15-2013 06:17 AM
    So, I completely understand that you had a bad experience with the Thunderbolt, but is it really necessary to troll this forum? Every phone model has its share of problems. Hell, at this point I'm probably a poster child for someone who should hate this phone with how many refurbished replacements I've had thanks to Verizon's B.S. "100-point inspection process", but after using the phone in general for this many months, I still would recommend it.
    It's bad enough that htc put the blunderbolt owners through hell but now the exact same problems have apparently shown up on the dna. All this proves is that htc really doesn't care and will continue to peddle their 2nd rate product at a premium price until the consumer wises up and says enough is enough.

Sent thru cyberspace by my Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    04-15-2013 06:50 AM
    It's bad enough that htc put the blunderbolt owners through hell but now the exact same problems have apparently shown up on the dna. All this proves is that htc really doesn't care and will continue to peddle their 2nd rate product at a premium price until the consumer wises up and says enough is enough.

Wha toro lens were there with the Thunderbolt?
    04-15-2013 06:51 AM
    Wha toro lens were there with the Thunderbolt?
    English please

04-15-2013 07:08 AM
    English please

Whoa, not sure what happened there.

What issues did you have with the Thunderbolt?
    04-15-2013 07:17 AM
    Gotta love the phone homers....If I own it, it must be the best and everything else is crap.
    Now repeat after me, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone, I have the best phone......
    D_Norm_A likes this.
    04-15-2013 10:23 AM

You seemed to have missed the point, being that it is not HTCs fault on the quality control of refurb units. Its the responsibility of the companies issuing them out, ie. Verizon and Assurion.

04-15-2013 11:37 AM
    so the only positive is the 1080 display , you do realize that a 1080 display makes no sense at all on a device that size?
    That is not the only positive what so ever. It has a blazing fast processor, the camera is spectacular for what I use it for (there are always mixed reviews, but for me it is exceptional.) The speaker is loud and clear, sense UI is smooth an not too entirely obtrusive, but the display is its selling point. Watching Avatar on my phone (which I can easily with the 5" screen) yields an equal if not better image than my 42" HD Sony Plasma. The beats audio, though considered a gimmick, sounds amazing through my Prius' speakers, the hardware itself is beautiful with a soft touch back and red accents (although not for everyone), feedback is swift and smooth, my battery life is stellar for a battery of this size supplying for a phone of this aptitude. I have no problems with my phone at this time. I have had the sim issue twice, but not in 2 months. Verizon approved an HTC update that is to roll out any day now to approve that problem. I have not had the Bluetooth issues, GPS issues, or display issues that have supposedly plagued other devices. But I can say that my husband's note 2 is chalked full of issues as well, with this being his second and a refurb, (the first had an unresponsive patch in the middle of the screen) and if it weren't for his work schedule, he would also be sending in for his second refurb.

Correction: the update has been rolled out, just installed it on my phone.

AZDROIDX likes this.
    04-15-2013 11:49 AM
    You seemed to have missed the point, being that it is not HTCs fault on the quality control of refurb units. Its the responsibility of the companies issuing them out, ie. Verizon and Assurion.

Actually you have missed the point entirely.There are obvious reasons that Samsung is the #1 cell phone manufacturer in the world and htc isn't even in the top 5 and if you continue to ignore them you'll continue to suffer the consequenses.
    04-15-2013 01:21 PM
    Actually you have missed the point entirely baby.There are obvious reasons that Samsung is the #1 cell phone manufacturer in the world and htc isn't even in the top 5 and if you continue to ignore them you'll continue to suffer the consequenses.
    If having a device that suites my every needs, has extraordinary build, and flies through everything I throw at it is considered "consequences," then I will continue to ignore these so called reasons for Samsung's "superiority" over HTC. Which, lets face it, is really only due to massive universal marketing and extensive funds. But you'll of course deny that and claim that Samsung is "intuitive" and the god of cell phone creation.

Sabrina Fair likes this.
    04-15-2013 01:29 PM
    and yes Samsungs rise from the bottom to the top in a few short years had to do with nothing but massive funds and nothing to do with reputation, even you can't believe that one.
    04-15-2013 01:37 PM
79 123 ...