Anyone come from the note 2 to the dna?

jdtftp1

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the dna then when the note 2 came out I jumped to that. After having it a while I got frustrated with the hugeness of the phone so I traded for a dna and 150 cash. I just really like the feel of the dna in my hand. Yes I dont get as good of battery life but it isnt horrible... Gets me thru the workday easily and then some and I am a HEAVY user. Just wondered if I was the only one who did the jump.. IF you did it also what was your reasoning behind the move

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I am still debating the option and leaning more towards HTC for the reason of build of the device, the size and dat screen.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I didn't have a note but did play around with it before getting the DNA. I too made my decision mainly because the DNA feels so good in your hand while the note was a little to wide for my taste. I think both device are great and depending on an individual's taste either one would work.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I didn't have a note but did play around with it before getting the DNA. I too made my decision mainly because the DNA feels so good in your hand while the note was a little to wide for my taste. I think both device are great and depending on an individual's taste either one would work.

Said everything I would have said

Sent from my Verizon Droid DNA

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I had the dna then when the note 2 came out I jumped to that. After having it a while I got frustrated with the hugeness of the phone so I traded for a dna and 150 cash. I just really like the feel of the dna in my hand. Yes I dont get as good of battery life but it isnt horrible... Gets me thru the workday easily and then some and I am a HEAVY user. Just wondered if I was the only one who did the jump.. IF you did it also what was your reasoning behind the move

Will be doing the same this week. How is it working for you? The sim card issues have me a bit worried. Are you missing the Note 2?

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of picking up a note 2 to see which of the two I like better. I found one for $300, so I figured even if I hate it I can sell it for profit. The thing that scares me with the note is it is noticeably bigger than the dna, and I can barely use the dna one handed. Also, I'm not a fan of touch wiz. We will see how it goes but, I'm already guessing that I'll be driving with the DNA

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm actually thinking of picking up a note 2 to see which of the two I like better. I found one for $300, so I figured even if I hate it I can sell it for profit. The thing that scares me with the note is it is noticeably bigger than the dna, and I can barely use the dna one handed. Also, I'm not a fan of touch wiz. We will see how it goes but, I'm already guessing that I'll be driving with the DNA

Yeah, if you want to use the phone one handed and the DNA is almost your limit, the N2 is going to be too big. The DNA isn't my limit, but I can't use the N2 one handed. I love it anyway. That screen is worth it.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site

The Note 2 is sweet..but just a little too big and a bit too heavy...not a good summer phone (other than the awesome battery)

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I have both. I use the DNA over my note 2 and will put it up on eBay soon to sell so I can buy the s4 off contract. I'm not a fan of the screen size of note and the only reason I go to it is days I know ill be away from a charger longer because the battery is pretty beastly.

Only reason I have both is I too couldny decide what I wanted so I just kept both and figured I'd weigh my options out over time. Build,camera,style,feel of the dna I prefer over note. Only thing over the dna note has for me atleast was battery that is it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i haven't made the jump yet but im certainly debating it i have the note 2 now and im leaning towards the DNA or the razr maxx hd because the size while i love the screen is becoming just too much and im a big guy so its certainly not a phone for one handed use.

Reasons why i love the note 2
screen!!!!
fast!
camera is good
battery life is good

reasons why i dislike the note 2:
too large
plastic build materials make it feel flimsy and cheap

Reasons why i like the dna:
build quality
screen size
sense

dislike the dna
lack of removable storage!
i hate htc power buttons they always sit basically flush and it drives me nuts little issue but i know it will bug me
also the plethora of negative issues has me concerned

why i like the razr maxx hd
build quality
battery
signal strength
removable storage

dislike
camera
only dual core and specs are slightly dated

so thats my thoughts in a nut shell i have about 3 more days to decide if im going to keep my note 2 or jump to one of the others because if i dont decide i think im going to have to return it and go back to my iphone and wait out the decision :( and i dont want to do that lol

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I just switched. Today is day 1 with DNA. So Far so good. The size and fell is awesome compared to the Note 2. Much lighter also. Battery not sure yet. Camera seems almost as good as Note 2's but not as good (especially indoors). Screen on DNA is better. Sound reception is about the same...maybe a pinch better on the DNA. Good luck!!

pgreeny69

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
i haven't made the jump yet but im certainly debating it i have the note 2 now and im leaning towards the DNA or the razr maxx hd because the size while i love the screen is becoming just too much and im a big guy so its certainly not a phone for one handed use.

Reasons why i love the note 2
screen!!!!
fast!
camera is good
battery life is good

reasons why i dislike the note 2:
too large
plastic build materials make it feel flimsy and cheap

Reasons why i like the dna:
build quality
screen size
sense

dislike the dna
lack of removable storage!
i hate htc power buttons they always sit basically flush and it drives me nuts little issue but i know it will bug me
also the plethora of negative issues has me concerned

why i like the razr maxx hd
build quality
battery
signal strength
removable storage

dislike
camera
only dual core and specs are slightly dated

so thats my thoughts in a nut shell i have about 3 more days to decide if im going to keep my note 2 or jump to one of the others because if i dont decide i think im going to have to return it and go back to my iphone and wait out the decision :( and i dont want to do that lol

I have had all three. I am currently using the DNA and prefer it out of the three.
Note 2 , too big for me, don't like the feel or touchwiz
Maxx HD , hardware is great, software way too laggy
DNA , perfect for me.

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I was debating on the note 2 or the DNA and in the end chose the DNA I Like the note 2 and the screen size is cool It's impossible for me to use 1 handed but I don't care about that much, the feel of the device and build quality is what turned me off though I can't stand the glossy thin plastic samsung uses it just IMO feels hella cheap. compared to the DNA which is also plastic but is unibody and just feels way more premium one thing I'm dissapointed about is the whole Impossible to root this damn phone because verizon is evil.

Coming from a Gnexus I feel so spoiled it was so easy to root that thing.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
The only real reservation I have with the dna is lack of removable storage that has become my single biggest reserve aas due to my past experience and others I have ruled out the maxx hd and am solely between the note 2 and dna im just struggling to get past the thought of having only 16gb of storage space

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
You will make it work. I never thought I could but I do. I utilize cloud a lot more than ever before. Dropbox, box.. I also feel like I keep the memory cleaner because I'm not just loading my sd card with stuff I will eventually not use.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes