SIM card improvement/Maybe not

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Bought two DNA's in January for my Boyfriend and myself. After two months of no problems, have had problems ever since. I've had it completely reset, received a new SIM card and still have the same SIM problems. When i went to Verizon, nobody knew it was an issue. SERIOUSLY? I was told that since Verizon let all their techs go he would do what he can, which was changing my roaming. Ridiculous. After dropped and missed calls over the weekend, I'm getting a new phone tomorrow. My boyfriends phone is starting to have the same issues, but Verizon says they have to do all the reset and new SIM first, then they will give him a new one...will let you know how it works out. No Maybe about it...Definately a problem!

It is definitely a problem, and it also sounds like Verizon hasn't been very effective in helping you out. The SIM card issue has been fixed for me but the Wi-Fi is really annoying.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
But it sounds like the wifi issue is related to the recent OTA?
Folks didn't have issues before? If that's the case Im not gonna worry about it too much. Can always root, or if not, hopefully another software will get pushed in the near future. Just want to make sure it's not a hardware issue (which obviously would be much harder to resolve! ;-) )

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
You're right that the Wi-Fi problem only occurred after the latest OTA, but that was the OTA that was supposed to fix the SIM card issue, and it did for me. Spotty Wi-Fi is an improvement over no signal.

Edit: right now it isn't possible to root unless you crack it yourself.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

jamdmyers

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Theres been wifi issues since day 1 I've documented them in several forums as has others.
That said there was no change with this OTA outside I get the SIM error occasionally which I never had previously.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Theres been wifi issues since day 1 I've documented them in several forums as has others.
That said there was no change with this OTA outside I get the SIM error occasionally which I never had previously.

I didn't have any Wi-Fi issues before the last OTA. At least, not that I noticed.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Can't say I have had a single wifi issue with the DNA thus far (actually picks up the signal faster than the Rezzie), but then again..it's only been a day.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Can't say I have had a single wifi issue with the DNA thus far (actually picks up the signal faster than the Rezzie), but then again..it's only been a day.

Keep an eye out for Wi-Fi sleeping while the phone is locked. It disconnects, and then quickly reconnects when you unlock the phone.

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm many months later and still no sim card errors or WiFi issues to speak off..though i have it lose data intermittently in very low reception areas w only airplane mode toggling bringing it back quickly, but that's a relatively minor annoyance i guess.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz