Micro USB protector cover like or dislike?

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey people just wanted to know what dna owners thought of this little protection cover. Is it a useful thing to have or just a nuisance? Mine is beginning to crack and will eventually break off I think. It is a hassle in my opinion of course it does serve a purpose but is it really worth dealing with?

My DNA sent this...

lterry913

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Dislike..many of my previous phones had no cover...I wonder if it serves as a deterrent for water damage if it gets wet? Some say it would void warranty to remove it, but if it breaks off due to frequent use That would obviously be a cause to get a replacement?...dunno

I often sell my phones on line and get more money back if they are in original condition...that is the only reason mine is still attached.

bellken

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't bother ;me, though, my cover (the plastic part) just cracked in half. The only thing holding it together is the rubber part.

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
no finger nails, so not only do I dislike, but it can keep my phone getting charged at night. Lol- To remedy I ordered 2 used Nokia charging plates off Ebay. 1 for home and office

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
no finger nails, so not only do I dislike, but it can keep my phone getting charged at night. Lol- To remedy I ordered 2 used Nokia charging plates off Ebay. 1 for home and office

Sounds good, I would love to find some good used wireless charging plates. Did you get a really good deal on them?

There's a guy on the forums that adapted a wireless charging plate onto his car dash holding mount. I thought that was pretty cool especially since he hid most of the wires.

My DNA sent this...

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Mine broke off two weeks into ownership. It didn't really bother me too bad, it was just kind of difficult to get back in sometimes. I'd have to push it down from left to right and shift it to the left to get it to sit perfectly. I hate that its not there anymore, though, because I'd like for my phone to be in mint condition. Sadly, it is not the only flaw on my phone now. My son threw it and it hit on its side. There is a very small dent in the bezel/red grill on the left hand side. No scuffs or scratches on the screen. Hardly noticable to others, but an eye sore for me when the case is off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I ended up with the Nokia DT 910 charger. I love it. Its pricey, but I like the design of it with the phone standing up rather than laying down.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the cover since I've used an Energizer Qi charger I bought off of amazon since the day I got the phone. Only had to open the little cover a couple of times and I can say if I charged everyday with a wire I'd have torn it off a long time ago. For those that don't have an induction charger you should get one, they are awesome. I doubt it charges any faster or slower but it's nice to just plop it down and walk away. It's probably my favorite part of this phone and it's why I'm not feeling bad about not getting the One.

Does anyone know where we can submit feedback to HTC? They have some things that should be in every design for their flagship phones
1. Aluminum case (One)
2. Front speakers (One)
3. Induction charging (DNA)
4. Notification light on back also (DNA)
5. Kickstand (EVO)

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I really miss the kickstand on my thunderbolt. I'm gonna check out that induction charger.I hate screwing with this cover.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm actually looking for a cover now, I bought a nice rooted unlocked DNA and it didn't have it. I use LG wireless charger at night and rarely charge during the day. Love battery life compared to my Nexus I really enjoyed for 18 months. Running NOS Sense 5 ROM and close to maybe going to AOKP. Found a place that carries them but is currently out of stock.

Posted via Android Central App

foxisbubba#AC

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes, pretty good deal off an eBay store called theprunedanish. The Nokia charging plates are 25$ and they had several. They are used but the store has a return policy if its defective.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, pretty good deal off an eBay store called theprunedanish. The Nokia charging plates are 25$ and they had several. They are used but the store has a return policy if its defective.

Thanks for the tip! Will any Qi charger work? I don't have my DNA yet, but I thought I'd ask.

tidalwarrior

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The LG intuition has a nice sliding cover. But I just don't get why they make a cover for the USB port but not for the important camera lens.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Love the cover, keeps the garbage and moisture out.
I use wireless charging for home, car and work, never have to fool with it.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's my understanding that any Qi charger will work. Not sure what the other induction technology is called

mikekrafick

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine broke after about a month. Good idea if you only do wireless charging, won't last otherwise.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

MikeLip

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
It's an annoyance, nothing more. And it's less of one if you get a Qi inductive charger. I got the Nokia for my nightstand, and it works so well I got another for my desk at work. I don't use the USB connector much anymore :). As for breaking off, yeah I can see where it would do that. But then you;re left with a phone with an open USB port. Just like 99.95% of all the other phones ever made.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech