SLOW DNA

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
i've had it for about 4 months. i love the phone. when i got it it was super quick. now, within the last few weeks, there is always a lag when i opens a message, opens a keyboard, when I try to x out of a message. is there anything I can check that will speed it up like it was? i had it scanned for viruses and there are none
i only have about 30 apps

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Trying clearing the cache through stock recovery. Ill post instructions in a sec. I've found it helps when my phone begins to slow, but no promises and it cant hurt. You wont lose any data or anything.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Trying clearing the cache through stock recovery. Ill post instructions in a sec. I've found it helps when my phone begins to slow, but no promises and it cant hurt. You wont lose any data or anything.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.? -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

I was just about to see if you responded to this yet... Lol!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
:) its been a slow day, lol.

For the droid DNA, this is how you wipe cache.
Shut down the device.
Hold down Volume Down and hold down Power until you boot into the HBOOT menu.
Select the RECOVERY option using the Volume buttons.
Your phone will show the white HTC screen, then you'll see a black screen. It will take a while but it will say failed to mount sd four times. Wait until it turns into a red triangle with an exclamation point inside the triangle and from there, hold down the Volume Up and then press the Power button. You will see a small list, this is stock recovery.

From there, select wipe/ cache.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
i've had it for about 4 months. i love the phone. when i got it it was super quick. now, within the last few weeks, there is always a lag when i opens a message, opens a keyboard, when I try to x out of a message. is there anything I can check that will speed it up like it was? i had it scanned for viruses and there are none

I am highly inclined to agree with Jennifer. If you were asking and had a Galaxy device, I would have suggested the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Shut down the device.
Your phone will show the white HTC screen, then you'll see a black screen. It will take a while but it will say failed to mount sd four times. Wait until it turns into a red triangle with an exclamation point inside the triangle and from there, hold down the Volume Up and then press the Power button. You will see a small list, this is stock recovery.

You should make a guide with pics!!! Lol...

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site

Shut down the device.

Am I correct in assuming that this won't erase everything on the phone?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It will not erase any personal data, no. That is a factory reset ;-)

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

I've got the same issue, its exaclt what you described, the biggest lag for me is when I search a contacts name in tthe messaging app. Clearing the cache did not help me :(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

user242

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Have you guys tried as a last resort contacting Verizon tech support? They are usually really helpful and if they can't resolve the issue they can issue you a new phone free of charge especially if you have their insurance plan but regardless it should still be covered under the 1 year manufacturers warranty. I've had a few "Thunderbolt" phones replaced that way for similar issues.

My DNA sent this...

u7mg0

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I tried this several times. it just boots up the phone in regular mode. I don't get any options. just the main screen

Shut down the device.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I contacted support and all they want to do is a factory reset. they were of no use

Usually thats all verizon support has ever told me to do. I'm confident this is a software issue. Why does the searching take so long? A slow search algorithm or something. With a ROM installed it SHOULD fix this issue.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
You would be surprised how much it can fix. Most people are reluctant to do it because it is a little inconvenient, but 9 times out of 10 it actually solves the issues.

Sometimes it does. I just hate calling tech support and the first thing they want to do is a factory reset. It doesn't matter if it's because the battery is dying fast, or the phone won't hold a WiFi connection.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes it does. I just hate calling tech support and the first thing they want to do is a factory reset. It doesn't matter if it's because the battery is dying fast, or the phone won't hold a WiFi connection.

And, if you're going to call them and know they will tell you that, you will already be further ahead if you have already done it. If you tell them you have done resets, they will usually expedite the process and get you a replacement.

Anyway, it is always a good idea to reset after an OTA update, just to make sure it installed correctly. And it's not that hard to re-load everything.

ItnStln

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
And, if you're going to call them and know they will tell you that, you will already be further ahead if you have already done it. If you tell them you have done resets, they will usually expedite the process and get you a replacement.

Anyway, it is always a good idea to reset after an OTA update, just to make sure it installed correctly. And it's not that hard to re-load everything.

Correct, it isn't bad at all. Besides, it'll keep me busy for an hour or two! The worse part is losing text messages. Does anyone know of a way to back them up?

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Correct, it isn't bad at all. Besides, it'll keep me busy for an hour or two! The worse part is losing text messages. Does anyone know of a way to back them up?

SMS Backup and Restore...you get everything back except attachments to your texts.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci