Audio out randomly switching and turning off

randerton

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I have an issue that started in the mid-April timeframe where my audio out during phone calls is randomly appearing to turn off. It's quite odd in that the phone suddenly goes completely silent during a call - this happens whether I'm using the regular phone or a Bluetooth headset. I can typically get the audio back by selecting the speakerphone and then going back to either the regular phone speaker or the Bluetooth headset. I get the same issue regardless of using Bluetooth or not so pretty sure it's not related to Bluetooth in any way.

I've used this phone successfully for many months and have already contacted Verizon and replaced it with another DNA to rule out hardware issues. The exact same problem occurs with my new DNA. This is a big problem relative to using the phone for many business calls every day. Has anyone else had this issue?

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
odd issue. dr. google does not bring anything up. have you had a chance to play with it. my question is does the sound return if you turn volume rocker up on phone?

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow, problem persisted after a factory replacement. What bluetooth device are you using? Does it happen even when bluetooth on the phone itself is turned off?

randerton

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Both good questions and I will experiment with both over the next few days. Challenging as the problem only occurs on every 3rd or 4th call so a bit hard to experiment with various diagnostics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781