Moonshine now... What rom is the best to try

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I used Rom manager for the install. Just put the entire zip on your sd then Rom manager will ask where u want to get Rom from....point to sd and let it do it's thing. I had a hiccup and had to use my recovery backup and Rom manager restored it just fine...all pics, games, and apps intact.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the jelly bear one (the cm10 hybrid) it was alright.. It wasn't very smooth but I liked the floating windows. So far I think that the m7 or the viper(updated one) is the best compared to the roms. Other than that the super stock is supposed to be great.

Turn off Halo and it will be a lot smoother. I do that with Carbon.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
FWIW: The Tranquil 4.2 ROM has been excellent so far. I have been using it constantly for 3 days and I haven't had any issues. It is my understanding that their only known issue is with Zoe (whereas I understand Newt's ROM has Zoe working, if that matters to you...but trolling through that thread's posts on XDA, it sounds like VZW data may be not 100% -- which is more important to me). Also, it sounds like they are working on upgrading this one to 4.2.2 (which, again, I think Newt is already on).

I'd like to see them now wait until the VZW code is posted, as they're finally releasing the One this week (and that's where they've been porting the code from)...would likely make for a more stable ROM, especially WRT the radio stuff.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
FWIW: The Tranquil 4.2 ROM has been excellent so far. I have been using it constantly for 3 days and I haven't had any issues. It is my understanding that their only known issue is with Zoe (whereas I understand Newt's ROM has Zoe working, if that matters to you...but trolling through that thread's posts on XDA, it sounds like VZW data may be not 100% -- which is more important to me). Also, it sounds like they are working on upgrading this one to 4.2.2 (which, again, I think Newt is already on).

I'd like to see them now wait until the VZW code is posted, as they're finally releasing the One this week (and that's where they've been porting the code from)...would likely make for a more stable ROM, especially WRT the radio stuff.

FWIW -newt's 4.2.2 Verizon data is working great now with his last update.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Your 100% right - more choice the better.

I didn't think you were hating just wanted to let you know data is working now.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Your 100% right - more choice the better.

I didn't think you were hating just wanted to let you know data is working now.

I can second this.

I have been using it for a few days now. Data is working fine. Every once in a while there may be a hiccup when sending mms, but I blame that more in my location (Catalina foothills). It's great, smooth, attractive, fully functionable.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I third that, I'm trying newts.. Seems to be my favorite after the update. I think I'll try cm10.2 soon as it's available >:)

Its available, here is the link.

[ROM][4.3][UNOFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.2 | Droid DNA > XDA

- - - Updated - - -

I third that, I'm trying newts.. Seems to be my favorite after the update. I think I'll try cm10.2 soon as it's available >:)

Its available, here is the link.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2384139

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sad to say I'm starting to experience some issues with this Rom, unless it's an issue with my device itself. It could very well be, since I have had an issue similar before.

I had the issue where if I had headphones in, it would randomly call someone, and then go to Google now.

Well since having this Rom, if I have auxiliary in, it will play fine for a short while, and then audio stops playing. It requires me to take the headphones out, at which point my led will light up green and stick until I put the aux back in and press play. It may still take a few tries for audio to work.

sway03

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jennifer,
Are you having that problem with Newts ROM? Thats the one im currently using and i havent had that issue... Id try to see if it is your DNA then try to take it to Verizon if you are still under warranty. Side note: CM 10.2 is extremely buggy and slow.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I tried the new NOS, and it was much better than then previous version. I did not get the issue with Facebook where the app would crash when searching, but it still has a huge flaw with group messaging, and I wonder if it's not the ROM but the way the One actually works. What happens is all messages come in as individual msgs, meaning they are not dumped into a multi person conversation. And if you reply, only then sender gets it, not the group. You can get around it (like I've done in the past) with VZ's Messaging app, but that's an odd battery hog of an app. You can also press and hold on the message that cones in and see if it was a group msg and reply as a group msg, but that sucks.

Oh well. Back to my backup on Carbon! Such is the beauty of Android that it's possible to try and go back!

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jennifer,
Are you having that problem with Newts ROM? Thats the one im currently using and i havent had that issue... Id try to see if it is your DNA then try to take it to Verizon if you are still under warranty. Side note: CM 10.2 is extremely buggy and slow.

Yeah, it's with newts rom. It may very well be my device, since I had that odd issue with the headphone jack when my phone was still stock, not rooted or unlocked. I haven't had it lately. I will be updating to the newest version of the rom soon.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's with newts rom. It may very well be my device, since I had that odd issue with the headphone jack when my phone was still stock, not rooted or unlocked. I haven't had it lately. I will be updating to the newest version of the rom soon.

Jennifer, try newts most recent version 3.0.4, very solid rom.

Posted via Android Central App

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Newt is now on v3.0.5

Posted via Android Central App

Tempted to finally replace the stock OS with Newt's rom and check out Sense 5 (currently just have a bunch of stuff debloated/greenified) but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to wait and see when a better port or the official update to the DNA comes out..primarily out of concern for battery life and stability. How are the latter 2 compared to stock? Read one of the bugs was in-call volume fluctuating which would be an annoyance :/

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Tempted to finally replace the stock OS with Newt's rom and check out Sense 5 (currently just have a bunch of stuff debloated/greenified) but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to wait and see when a better port or the official update to the DNA comes out..primarily out of concern for battery life and stability. How are the latter 2 compared to stock? Read one of the bugs was in-call volume fluctuating which would be an annoyance :/

Other than not having the wifi hotspot with Android 4.2.2 and Sense 5, I've had no problems with newts rom. I haven't had the in-call volume fluctuating. You might want to keep an eye on his thread over on XDA, it looks like we're about to see Android 4.3.

Sent from my HTC DNA running NOS M7 v3.0.5 using the AC Forums mobile app!

Attachments

• 1377466258534.jpg
    1377466258534.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 18

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Just to give another "thumbs up" to Bad Seeds Customs version of the NOS7 Sense 5 ROM, I had issues with my stock DNA bluetooth -- it would link-up with my car, but it would not transfer/access phonebook, nor would it allow access to the txt messages (these are two "profiles"). This ROM solved both of those problems automagically.

Looking forward to both these ROMs going to 4.3 and/or getting the latest code from the VZW version of the One (finally).

sway03

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey Jennifer, I did start having problems with the m7 regarding the audio output. I switched to super stock for now and I'm liking it, I lm just waiting for the next fast rom to try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21