Droid DNA: Text message font size keeps increasing

ipetree

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
I finally found a way! While a text message was open (they were all really large so I had plenty of room to mess around-lol) I tried using the touch screen to resize it like you do a picture, etc. It only worked if I moved my fingers diagonally. The text got smaller and all subsequent texts were too. Simple, but if you don't know....

frustrated11

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi..I have an s3 and just did an update to 4.4.2...before, my text messages were in the tiny font and the page before that with the list of people i've messaged was such that the peoples names were a little larger than the last text message that was underneath it. Now, if i have the messages set to tiny, whether i did it with the font setting or pinch zoom or the volume key, the peoples names on the previous page are also tiny and are now the same size as the last msg underneath it. I can change the font to normal where the peoples names are and they will be larger but then on the messages page the text size will be huge! I have tried clearing the cache and data under the msging app but I cant get this back to the way it was and its driving me nuts. I want to be able to distinguish the persons name and their text msg under it and I want the msgs to be tiny ...pls help! Thanks.

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I finally found a way! While a text message was open (they were all really large so I had plenty of room to mess around-lol) I tried using the touch screen to resize it like you do a picture, etc. It only worked if I moved my fingers diagonally. The text got smaller and all subsequent texts were too. Simple, but if you don't know....

I found the touch pinch or spread works fine to change font size on my DNA 4.4.2 too

camille mingoy

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having their font size keep increasing on them? I set the font to small and then pinched it down to the smallest size but most of the time when I go back to a text message thread the size is back to the original larger size. When I click menu/fontsize/ it says it's set to small. This just started about 4 days ago so it's been awhile since I got the last update and nothing has changed that I know of. Any ideas?

A:just hold your screen while on messages then zoom out..

Jai Davis

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having their font size keep increasing on them? I set the font to small and then pinched it down to the smallest size but most of the time when I go back to a text message thread the size is back to the original larger size. When I click menu/fontsize/ it says it's set to small. This just started about 4 days ago so it's been awhile since I got the last update and nothing has changed that I know of. Any ideas?

Neal Stevens

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site

Brilliant! That worked for me, thanks!

Terri Henehan

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site

Aquamarine321

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site

Thank you for posting this. This is the only thing that worked for me! Finally found your post after searching my phone and manual for 2 hours.