Droid DNA Wifi stuck at "turning on"

Jacob Jezek

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I bought this from a guy and the phone is rooted. Whenever I try to turn the wifi on, it just says turnng on for around 30 seconds and then says error. Any help and step-by-step instructions on how to fix would be awesome. I know absolutely nothing about rooting or anything so keep explanations as simple as possible please.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm do you know if its running the stock operating system, or if he installed a new one?
If you're not sure post some screenshots of your phone including the about section that details about the software on the phone. You can usually take screenshots by pressing the unlock button and touching the home button at the same time.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
What a great opportunity to learn how to root, Rom and customize your new phone. Use this forum and xda-developers.com to read about everything you need to do. If a hard reset doesn't do the trick, a new Rom is in order. I'm running nos M7. It's pretty good. I'm sticking with it for a while. Hth josh

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
It looks like you're running the stock version. If you can connect to 4G somehow, by inserting a SIM card you could get the latest software update. This should hopefully break root, and bring you up to date with the latest stock firmware. If you would prefer to keep root, I would try doing a factory reset, or flashing another ROM.

jgraves12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Usually when you see the wifi stuck on "turning on" followed by an error it's because you try flashing a rom while so-on without fastboot flashing the boot.img.. It's weird that you're seeing it on the stock rom..

Can you try turning the phone off and then hold power + volume down to get to the hboot and see if you see anything mentioning about being s-on or s-off? Then use the volume keys to select recovery and push the power to see if you have a custom recovery installed or not.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I experienced this problem on my Thunderbolt with the Bamf ICS leak ROM and any ROM associated with that leak. I was worried that it was my phone, but when the official ROM was released, my WiFi went back to working normally. I wonder if the stock ROM the previous owner flashed was based off a pre-release version like the Bamf one. I would look into flashing a different ROM and see if you still have the issue. I haven't rooted my DNA (yet), so I'm not sure which ROMs are the best, but I'm sure there are plenty of guys and gals to point you in the right direction.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I tried updating and an error pops up saying "unfortunately htcdm has stopped working".

I believe that's HTC Download Manager. But regardless it wouldn't update if you weren't using the stock recovery (in most cases I think). I would suggest flashing a new ROM. Which one you choose is up to you. I'm still looking for the cleanest.

Edit: auto correct

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jacob Jezek

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm using that link and I typed fastboot -w into command prompt and it just endlessly says "< waiting on device >". How long does it usually take to wipe the device?

Jacob Jezek

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Ignore my last post please. I got everything figured out and wiped the device using fastboot but, when I tried to update the rom, i got this error.....

Attachments

• Screenshot (1).png
    Screenshot (1).png
    905.4 KB · Views: 21

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Ignore my last post please. I got everything figured out and wiped the device using fastboot but, when I tried to update the rom, i got this error.....

To flash ViperDNA ROM using TWRP recovery you want to follow the instructions in this link:

[ROM](6.13.13) Team Venom ViperDNA 1.3.3 l | Droid DNA > XDA

Simply put, you download the file to your SD card, boot into recovery, do a backup, format and reset, and install the .zip file.

If you have any trouble following the instructions there or have any questions I'll be glad to help. Sorry it took so long to reply, I've been a little busy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret