What Rom are You using? and enjoying?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Nos M7, I like the sense 5, but what is your experience on your Rom of choice? Tell us your Rom and ease of use!:)

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Great thread idea!

The DNA is the first phone that I haven't put a custom ROM on immediately. This time around I have not because the stock experience has been hassle free for me. No Bluetooth issues, no random reboots, no GPS locking issues. Aside from my GNex, it always seemed that there was some compromise when going the custom ROM route. Volume issues on the Fascinate, battery life issues with the GSIII, and loss of camera features on my DInc just to name a few. I'm really hoping that the Google Experience HTC One RUU helps devs clean up the existing issues creating a bug free custom ROM.

I'd really like to hear about the experience of folks who have picked a ROM and stuck with it for a couple of weeks.

Steve

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been on nos M7 two weeks now, 99% working, just a few things not. Sweep to wake doesn't work and a few browser issues. And no weather widget wants to cooperate with me. Used rom manager to flash and was pretty painless.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Carbon is Senseless AOSP 4.2.2 Rom and has the look and feel of CyanogenMod. Has some pretty cool feature I've never used/seen before like PIE and HALO. PIE is which lets you press on a specific spot of the screen to pull up softkeys (home, menu, search, recents). I had to us that feature to access the menu key. Halo was kinda like a floating half circle on the middle left side of your screen (which would be active thing in your notification bar i.e weather bug or SMS) you could then press the half circle to open that notification. Kinda hard to explain so if I confused you take a look at the thread at XDA.

I've also tried NOS which is pretty much a stock Sense 5 Rom with a few extra's like a EQS and the ability to change the function of the recent key to include a menu key. Very stable a smooth Rom overall I had not complaints.

Currently running Tranquil Rom which is a Sense 5 Rom with a blue/black glass theme with a few more extra features then any other Sense 5 Rom available. It has EQS which can be customized, ability to change the color/style of any icon in the notification bar, change the home screen size to 4x5, and a ton more. Overall it's very smooth and fast and like all other Sense 5 Rom only thing not working is Zoe.

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Sense 4+ :-(

I was running carbon on my old gnex, but the bluetooth issues are a deal-breaker for me. I stream bt audio all the time.

Posted via Android Central App

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Running PAC man ROM. I liked it at first but it's really starting to suck. It's crashing on me and restarting and I've got Bluetooth issues and data issues. Some apps will just randomly close it seems.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
What do you like about it? Does it bring something unique that isn't part of stock?

Everything that mclarryjr said! I will say, I think PIE is a little strange, don't use it yet, but HALO is cool, and I'm getting used to it. I like it because I hide the status bar all the time with Nova Launcher. I use it to compliment Carbon because it its sweet gesture controls and I get more room on the screen for icon and widget placement. Also, an important piece, it is not a battery hog, especially after installing crpalmer kernel as well. I found NOS to drain the battery like a tub, but to be fair, I only used the kernel that came with it.

harrisondisc

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Running PAC man ROM. I liked it at first but it's really starting to suck. It's crashing on me and restarting and I've got Bluetooth issues and data issues. Some apps will just randomly close it seems.

That's why I went away from PACman.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm running CM 10.1 and it is awesome. Stock Android looks great on the DNA. I came from now m7, and while Sense 5 is good, Android 4.2.2 is amazing. I haven't found anything not working yet. Also, I gained almost 2 gigs of space going to CM over Sense.

anon(71309)

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm running CM 10.1 and it is awesome. Stock Android looks great on the DNA. I came from now m7, and while Sense 5 is good, Android 4.2.2 is amazing. I haven't found anything not working yet. Also, I gained almost 2 gigs of space going to CM over Sense.

Did they get bluetooth streaming fixed yet?

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

How is camera, call audio, and reception on CM? Those 3 in particular sometimes seem to be problem areas on some devices running cm or aosp based roms.

wxrusss8

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
How is camera, call audio, and reception on CM? Those 3 in particular sometimes seem to be problem areas on some devices running cm or aosp based roms.

The call audio and reception seem fine. The CM camera app sucks. I use Pro Capture. The Sense camera app is the one thing I do miss so far.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I agree the aosp camera is not even close to being as good as HTC. Call audio and quality were fine but did notice my data would get turned off ever other day.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
So anybody using Hatka? I've got it on my sd and it would be easy to switch, but nos with battery saver has been pretty decent so far...and my weather widget just started to work yesterday:)

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois