My Droid DNA won't turn on?. [emergency, please help]

fiwodio

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
It's not bricked or rooted. Complete stock version. It's actually done this before, but eventually it turned on.

I have held the power button down for every possibility of time up to a minute. About 30 seconds of holding the button, the orange blinking charger light turns off for good. When I release it comes back on after about 5 seconds.

I'm not using the original charger if that has anything to do with it. (That broke yesterday because it was ****ty in the first place) I've allowed it to charge for about 10 minutes. Should I just sit here a couple hours and let it charge fully?

I'm in a bit of a bind, ya see. I'm in an airport and my phone is the connection to a person who is to pick me up. I don't know their number by heart. They aren't here. I NEED my phone to turn on now. So please, help a girl out. ASAP.

fierro951

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Besides what you've already tried, I'm not sure of anything else. It does look like you have access to the internet right now, go log in to your Google account and look up your friends number in gmail. Your contacts should have synced.

Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

deluxx

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I joke, rofl.

Try plugging your phone into a usb drive on a computer. Does it boot up at all? Does the PC recognize it? Are there any LED lights active on the phone?

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Can you try booting into the bootloader? I know the screen is black but try holding down the power and volume down key. The lights should flash, just keep holding them until the phone resets or goes to bootloader.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
try connecting it to a PC when the phone is completely dead it won't charge while plugged into an AC adapter but will when it's connected to a computer. Doesn't make sense but it worked for me. my dna wouldnt turn of for 2 days because it died completely and I just connected it to the wall and the orange light kept blinking and wouldnt turn on, once I connected it to my computer and gave it a good like 3 minutes the orange light was solid and I was able to turn my phone on.

deluxx

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
that usually fixes it sometimes... the pc sends a signal that jump starts it back to life or something ahaha. I've been using that trick on clamshell phones for years :eek:

slimsheep

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
this happened to me as well, HERE IS WHAT I DID:
held down volume up+volume down+power buttons until the touch lights starts to blink continuously, then after about a minute the lights will stop blinking and phone will restart. This is suppose to manually hard reset but luckily nothing was lost for me.
This was my fix, hope it works for u.

Tpimp

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: My Droid DNA won't turn or charge? [FIX] -Hopefully

I have had both the issue where the orange charging led only will blink - IN THIS CASE JUST PUT IT ON CHARGER AND LEAVE IT. Eventually it will trickle charge enough to begin quick charging.

In the scenario where your device won't even flash the charging led, things are a little trickier.

Assuming your micro USB jack on the device is not damaged. Plug it in to the wall charger.

At this point there is no charge led (or why would you be reading this). - HOLD -> VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN + POWER FOR 1 MINUTE INTERVALS AND THEN RELEASE.

Keep doing this (repeat above steps) until you are finally prompted with the charge led and the battery icon should appear on the screen.

This worked for me!! Good luck to everyone attempting.

benzart

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
Just had this happen to me and it freaked me out. My DNA is stock, never bricked or dropped. Thanks for the answers on this page my phone is BACK! The DNA was Dead, no power no charge light, no NOTHING. I tried different chargers and different USB ports and NOTHING worked. I was ready to take it back. Saw the post to boot to the boot loader page and power/volume own produced that Beautiful page, HAPPYHAPPYHAPPY! Chose reboot and it booted right up Slowly as usual. Showing 8% charge, never been that low but IT"S BAACK, Thank YOU!
Benzart

Cecor

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I created an account just to say this. I was having problems with this exact thing, No indicator light. Attempted holding the power and volume up/down key trick. Didn't work, I spoke to HTC and the repair would have cost more than buying a new phone, I read somewhere else that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again worked. I did this and it worked! So If you're having problems even after the volume up/down trick, remove the battery wait 5 mins, and reconnect it. I went into a bootloop after getting it back together again, but a simple restart from bootloader got it working again.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I created an account just to say this. I was having problems with this exact thing, No indicator light. Attempted holding the power and volume up/down key trick. Didn't work, I spoke to HTC and the repair would have cost more than buying a new phone, I read somewhere else that disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it again worked. I did this and it worked! So If you're having problems even after the volume up/down trick, remove the battery wait 5 mins, and reconnect it. I went into a bootloop after getting it back together again, but a simple restart from bootloader got it working again.

How do you disconnect the battery on a phone with a sealed, non-removable battery?

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Use a plastic knife, pry apart the back and disconnect the battery. Warning : not for beginners and tread lightly.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

colinashley

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Use a plastic knife, pry apart the back and disconnect the battery. Warning : not for beginners and tread lightly.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

My HTC DNA was showing zero signs of life. This worked for me too after I had exhausted all the other tips!!!!! :) Thanks so much for everyone's input!

Some additional advice should you try this:
First remove the SIM card using a paper clip. Removing the back off your HTC DNA isn't easy. To make it a little less fiddly and to avoid damaging the case I recommend this cell phone repair kit on Amazon: Able 16 in 1 Sets Repair Tools Screwdrivers Set Kit For Samsung Galaxy S2 / S3 / S4 /Note / Note 2 / Iphone 4 / Iphone 5 Samrt Phone. $9.99 with Amazon Prime. Also, includes the Philips #00 screwdriver necessary to remove the 2 screws located directly above the battery connector (bottom left of the phone, with the phone lying face down). With the battery connector exposed, disconnect it from the motherboard for a few seconds and then push back down to reconnect. Plug your phone back in and watch it start to charge...mine then booted up normally after I had charged it for a few minutes and switched it back on. Boy did it feel good to see my phone spring back to life! :) Finally, carefully replace the back and replace your SIM card. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Rafa Medina

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Can you try booting into the bootloader? I know the screen is black but try holding down the power and volume down key. The lights should flash, just keep holding them until the phone resets or goes to bootloader.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

this did the trick, thanks =)

i removed the cover but couldn´t find how to disconect the battery. :-\ was holding power and volume down but released after the blinking started

now I know how to reset this thing..

Bo Meyer

May 3, 2015
Visit site
I just had the same issues. I tired all the hints that everyone else did with zero success (short of pulling the battery which is complicate) I put the phone in the fridge for a few hours, plugged the charger and viola, success.

beachmaus

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I've tried all the suggestions and zip :( only thing that happens when I plug the phone it it gets quite warms after about 30 minutes? :':)':)'(