Just purchased the Droid DNA and as a previous Nexus user, I really miss the latest JB 4.2.2 firmware.

I've read rumors that JB 4.2.2 & Sense 5+ will be coming to a few top-tier HTC smartphones sometime this summer - but nothing definitive regarding the DNA Droid.

Does anyone know if the DNA is getting BOTH those updates as well?
    07-01-2013 08:18 PM
    I heard that they were, but who knows what the future holds

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-01-2013 09:16 PM
    Eventually...

07-01-2013 09:26 PM
    Just root and Rom sense five. That's what I did. Your new DNA needs moonshined and then voila....sense 5. Newts nos M7 is fantastic.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    07-01-2013 10:03 PM
    Just root and Rom sense five. That's what I did. Your new DNA needs moonshined and then voila....sense 5. Newts nos M7 is fantastic.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    This is always an option. There are a couple good Sense 5 ROMs out there, but I believe NOS M7 is probably the best, from what I've heard. I went with ViperDNA even though its based on Sense 4, only because it seems to be the most bugless ROM out there. Other than the AOSP messaging app I haven't run into any issues.
    07-01-2013 10:46 PM
    This is always an option. There are a couple good Sense 5 ROMs out there, but I believe NOS M7 is probably the best, from what I've heard. I went with ViperDNA even though its based on Sense 4, only because it seems to be the most bugless ROM out there. Other than the AOSP messaging app I haven't run into any issues.
    Nice. So do MMS and browser work on Viper?

from my DNA
    07-02-2013 12:27 AM
    Nice. So do MMS and browser work on Viper?

from my DNA
    It doesn't come with the AOSP browser, but it comes with the HTC Browser and that works fine. I've been using Chrome and Dolphin with no problems at all.
    MMS is broken ONLY on the AOSP Messaging app. It comes with the HTC messaging app and it works with all other messaging apps. I've been using Textra with no problems and I've also used Handcent with no issues.
    I have noticed one bug. If i use the Venom tweaks to change the status bar from gradient to opaque, I have to uncheck and recheck that setting upon boot. Compared to the PAC-man ROM that's nothing, haha. I don't like Sense but I really like this ROM.
    07-02-2013 12:56 AM
    I expect to see sense 5 in some form and 4.2.2 at some point in the next few months. They already said the butterfly was getting it, so thats a really good sign we will see it also. Id like to mess with sense 5 and some of its features, but I wont be heartbroken if I dont get it honestly.
    07-02-2013 01:59 PM
    It doesn't come with the AOSP browser, but it comes with the HTC Browser and that works fine. I've been using Chrome and Dolphin with no problems at all.
    MMS is broken ONLY on the AOSP Messaging app. It comes with the HTC messaging app and it works with all other messaging apps. I've been using Textra with no problems and I've also used Handcent with no issues.
    I have noticed one bug. If i use the Venom tweaks to change the status bar from gradient to opaque, I have to uncheck and recheck that setting upon boot. Compared to the PAC-man ROM that's nothing, haha. I don't like Sense but I really like this ROM.
    sweet I'll try that one this weekend.

from my DNA
    07-02-2013 02:37 PM
    sweet I'll try that one this weekend.

from my DNA
    Let us know how that goes!

07-02-2013 03:10 PM