[ROM][VERIZON][{Almost}Pure Stock] M7 [1.29.401.16][4.1.2]

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
This is a ROM I made for myself and shared it a few days ago, at another site (shhh!).
It's a ROM that joelZ9614 released but pulled due to a problem with it flashing.
I simply got it to flash, deodexed it, removed unless Verizon and HTC apps and added crpalmers kernel.
This is the 2nd version that's less aggressive on removed apps, (I missed TV!) but it is pure.
i.e. No themes, no extra apps, no EQS. Xposed Framework installer is included and I'd recommend using it and the MoDaCo ToolKit to tweak the system to your liking.
This "update" has the tweaks I've done to my system and I think anyone that tries will like.

I'm a n00b and messed up the init.d settings I wanted to stick. It's good out the box but here's my recommended settings:

Using TricksterMod:
Read Ahead Buffer Size: 384
Scheduler: deadline

Advanced Control:
fifo_batch: 8
read_expire: 30
write_expire: 250
writes_starved: 1

Governor: conservative
Governor Control:
down_threshold: 30
freq_step: 25
sampling_down_factor: 5
up_threshold: 30

Multicore Power Savings: 2

Everything is working but Zoe, of course, and Panorama sweep.
This is for Verizon only. It's been reported that MMS will not work on GSM.

Thanks go to joelZ9614 for the ROM, crpalmer for the kernel, and zepplinrox for the supercharging.

Link: http://www.adrive.co...nse5_070413.zip
md5:d9dc74de1ed3d78005391166562ee655

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
This is a ROM I made for myself and shared it a few days ago, at another site (shhh!).
It's a ROM that joelZ9614 released but pulled due to a problem with it flashing.
I simply got it to flash, deodexed it, removed unless Verizon and HTC apps and added crpalmers kernel.
This is the 2nd version that's less aggressive on removed apps, (I missed TV!) but it is pure.
i.e. No themes, no extra apps, no EQS. Xposed Framework installer is included and I'd recommend using it and the MoDaCo ToolKit to tweak the system to your liking.
This "update" has the tweaks I've done to my system and I think anyone that tries will like.

I'm a n00b and messed up the init.d settings I wanted to stick. It's good out the box but here's my recommended settings:

Using TricksterMod:
Read Ahead Buffer Size: 384
Scheduler: deadline

Advanced Control:
fifo_batch: 8
read_expire: 30
write_expire: 250
writes_starved: 1

Governor: conservative
Governor Control:
down_threshold: 30
freq_step: 25
sampling_down_factor: 5
up_threshold: 30

Multicore Power Savings: 2

Everything is working but Zoe, of course, and Panorama sweep.
This is for Verizon only. It's been reported that MMS will not work on GSM.

Thanks go to joelZ9614 for the ROM, crpalmer for the kernel, and zepplinrox for the supercharging.

Link: http://www.adrive.co...nse5_070413.zip
md5:d9dc74de1ed3d78005391166562ee655

Not an HTC user but thank you for your effort. Hopefully your ROM takes off.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Sigh this forum needs stickies and a rooting/hacking thread

Posted via Android Central App

Agreed. We are one of the top forums on android central and we don't have a rooting forum. Also, things like the moonshine thread haven't been stickied.

By the way, what are the known bugs for this ROM?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Bugs. What are those?! The camera usual camera issues are mentioned.
There's some apps people use, that I don't, that are removed. notably the HTC calender, which I've packaged in a zip.
There's been no mention of anything else not working or FCing.

Attachments

• Calender.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Bugs. What are those?! The camera usual camera issues are mentioned.
There's some apps people use, that I don't, that are removed. notably the HTC calender, which I've packaged in a zip.
There's been no mention of anything else not working or FCing.

Lol what camera issues do you mean? I have none on the AOSP app and the HTC app on ViperDNA. This is mostly stock you said? I might want to try it if the camera works.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Lol what camera issues do you mean? I have none on the AOSP app and the HTC app on ViperDNA. This is mostly stock you said? I might want to try it if the camera works.
The issues mentioned in the original post.
This is a Sense 5 ROM. It's not AOSP or Sense 4 like Viper.
Zoe doesn't work on any Sense5 ROM yet, and the newer camera doesn't have panorama working.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois