Droid DNA lost my Navigation Icon on phone

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I don't have a google now or Google search widget on my page. In fact, I don't use Google now, it's disabled. So I have to long home press>voice button>speak address>click navigate compared to the previous click navigation>voice button>speak address>navigate. It's relatively the same amount of steps, I just have to get accustomed to it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

May I ask why you don't use Google Now? I've grown to love it, its sped up my phone usage exponentially.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
May I ask why you don't use Google Now? I've grown to love it, its sped up my phone usage exponentially.

I just haven't gotten around to it, lol. I turn off all features on my phone that I don't use, and turn them on when I need them. Google now just isn't one I have needed.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Oh man, you gotta give it a try!

I actually like it a lot but sometimes it gets a little creepy: Google Now goes into my email, reads my airline itinerary, pops up a reminder card to tell me that it is time to leave for the airport, along with a suggestion that I Nav the route; pops up another card with my airline flight, gate, and on - time status; then pops up a third card with weather at my current location AND my destination city! And we thought Big Brother was going to be the government...!

Posted via Android Central App

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I use Nav all the time, Maps rarely. It's an extra unnecessary step to open Maps, then hit the navigate button. Virtually zero benefit to me to have them integrated.

Posted via Android Central App

I absolutely agree. I put off updating Maps because of the change but then got curious about it. Now I'm back to the separate Navigation app which is so much easier for me since I use it on a daily basis.

BrownCowgirl

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
The "integration" was an epic fail. Previously the nav was so easy you could tap once to open, tap once for the mic, speak your destination and the map and directions appeared. The function is now buried, you have to enter your location, if you make a call or do something else you can't get back to your directions even though they're still active. I could go on but won't. Don't assume those of us who miss the functionality just aren't smart enough. For those who need step-by-step instructions for the fix mentioned above go here Revert back to previous version of Google Maps on Android | How To - CNET

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The "integration" was an epic fail. Previously the nav was so easy you could tap once to open, tap once for the mic, speak your destination and the map and directions appeared. The function is now buried, you have to enter your location, if you make a call or do something else you can't get back to your directions even though they're still active. I could go on but won't. Don't assume those of us who miss the functionality just aren't smart enough. For those who need step-by-step instructions for the fix mentioned above go here Revert back to previous version of Google Maps on Android | How To - CNET

That's what I was asking for! I get it now, but that functionality is in Google now. At least that's where I use it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

John Waters

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey thanks for this tip!!!

I really missed the Nav icon. With it I could just push one button and then talk my way to my destination with ease. When using Maps I found myself thumbing the keys to enter locations and it required so much more attention I found it dangerous to use while driving (yeah yeah, i know....) back to the Nav app button, speak my destination and away I go with no effort at all.

Lucy Bernardin

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! I thought I was going insane today!!! I turned my phone off and on several times, hoping that it would magically appear again, this is the best navigation app by far! I'm so happy it's back now, it was such an easy fix, thanks for the help.:)

Gaurav Dhingra

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi Brother..

I was also facing same issue in my Samsung Galaxy Grand handset. I got the solution by googling and just posting it from my side.

This error comes only in case of wrong updation of Navigation Application. Just uninstall it and you will get the same older (Default) version in your applications.

Just follow the below mentioned steps.

Go to Applications -- Manage Applications -- Settings -- Click on Maps -- Uninstall update.

That's it. Thanks :)

NancySood

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks this was the perfect advice!!

Got my " Blue " Navigation icon back.

Sometimes Old is Gold. :D

I love the old **** not the new Google Map.

Kudos.!

Dale September

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
All you need to do is uninstall the update ny going to settings then applications then scroll thru list till you get to Google maps then click it then click uninstall updates and the navigation icon will come back nine of your addresses will be there. I did it. Very happy its back.

Thank you for getting my life back. I was lost without my navigation icon. Thanks to you i got it back

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Install App "Navigation Shortcut for Maps"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....ret.shortcut.navigation&hl=da&token=bECTYKx3

If You uninstall updates, Google Maps will, strangely enough, not be up to date !
And i guess that the icon will dissapear next time Maps is updated.

That app works, but it still forces me to go through all of the extra steps of the new maps app. I guess I'm just too used to the old Navigation shortcut and set up, so I'm going to stick with it. Thanks though!

Sent from my Asus TF1000000T

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay