Email Problem, Need Help

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
This is not specifically a Verizon Droid DNA problem (I don't think).

Hoping someone can help. Have a HTC Droid DNA for a couple months and love it. No problems. About a week ago I took two pictures and was forwarding them to my gmail account(xxxxxxxx@gmail.com. I accidentally sent them to xxxxxxxx@aol.com which is an account that does not exist. I received a notice "could not deliver mail" and two consecutive "droid" sound notifications. No problem I thought, just go into sent mail and delete but they are not there. I guess because they were not actually sent. Now for the past week, EVERY HOUR (that is the time I set for notifications-syncing) i get two consecutive droid sound notices. Extremely annoying. If there was an "undeliverable" setting I could likely solve this but there isn't.

All mail functions for my gmail and aol accounts work fine before this happened and other than the annoying droid reminder every hour work fine after.

I was hoping someone could help me solve this in some way. I am not very phone, tech literate (a real novice) so please explain any possible fix carefully.

It was suggested that I clear the cache, that might fix the problem. I did that but unfortunately the problem remains. I would have thought this would (could) be a common problem (accidentally sending an email and attachment to a wrong non existent address) but maybe not.

Many thanks in advance for any help, this has been very frustrating.

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
That is the problem, they were (and are not now) never in sent mail. I can't locate them to delete them, so now every hour I receive two consecutive "droid" reminders.
This may sound crazy but I was thinking of adding the "non existing" gmail account so when the next time gmail attempts to send the mail, it will "find" it. I can then delete the messages and attachments (and probably that new gmail account when I"m finished)

Any chance that would work.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Sent folder is not the same as Outbox. Outbox holds yet unsent messages.

What email app did you use to send these with? If with the native app then bring up your Outbox and delete the emails. Just go to the Sense/HTC mail app then click on Menu then Folder to see the list of all your folders.

If you sent it with Gmail then its the same thing just bring up your Gmail app then click on inbox to show all the list of folders and click on Outbox.

from my DNA

dennis246

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
pblakk, THANK YOU!!. The emails were in my aol mail outbox, deleted them and now all is normal again. It might have seemed easy fix for you but not not to a novice like me. Appreciate your patience.

pblakk

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
pblakk, THANK YOU!!. The emails were in my aol mail outbox, deleted them and now all is normal again. It might have seemed easy fix for you but not not to a novice like me. Appreciate your patience.

cool you got it fixed!

from my DNA

Candace Sacre

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally sent an AOL email to a nonexistent email address. Now my Droid Maxx keeps trying to send it. It is in Outbox, but it will not let me delete because it is saying it is being sent. How can I delete this email and stop my Maxx from trying to send it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49