Need Help Using Mobile Hotspot Outside of the Verizon Network

MeisterJ89

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm a soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan, and I brought my DNA with me. I switched out the simcard and bought service through Roshan. They have a data plan, and the speeds are much faster, and cheaper than what they offer in our housing. When I try to activate the mobile Hotspot it tells me that I need a Verizon simcard to use that feature. Can anyone help me get past this? I'm still relatively ignorant when it comes to phones, and I'd only root it as a last resort since I've never done it before.

Posted via Android Central App

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm a soldier currently deployed to Afghanistan, and I brought my DNA with me. I switched out the simcard and bought service through Roshan. They have a data plan, and the speeds are much faster, and cheaper than what they offer in our housing. When I try to activate the mobile Hotspot it tells me that I need a Verizon simcard to use that feature. Can anyone help me get past this? I'm still relatively ignorant when it comes to phones, and I'd only root it as a last resort since I've never done it before.

You will need to root then use WiFi tether for root from the Play Store.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

You will need to root. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Moonshine - S-OFF Your HTC

Start there to S-Off your phone. It will also install "Su" or Superuser binaries and the Superuser app, this will give you root access. Its relatively easy if you go slow and follow directions, but if you run into any issues don't be afraid to post here, there are plenty of people who will help!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac