08-08-2013 03:08 PM
27 12
tools
    Hey there, I'm just curious how everybody else's DNA's are holding up. When I got my replacement DNA I immediately put a screen protector on it, and put it in the case. I haven't taken it out yet, and the stickers with MEID etc. are still on it, haha. So its basically factory fresh in appearance.

How many of you have cracked screens? How is your guys' gorilla glass II holding up? What about storage? I am starting to wish I had an SD card slot.
    07-25-2013 01:19 PM
    I kept my phone in an otterbox with a screen protector for the first two months or so. Since taking it and the screen protector off, I have noticed that I have acquired many dings around the bezel, which isn't a big deal to me. No discoloration or silver showing through, just little dents. The back of the phone hasn't acquired any scratches or dents, and is still in it's entirety of soft matte black. As for the gorilla glass, I have a few hair line scratches noticeable when the screen is off. None that can be felt with the fingernail, all surface. Most noticeably, where I had the otterbox on, without a screen protector. There is a thin outline of the case up top near the speaker, where the case accommodated the camera and sensor. It cannot be felt with the nail, but does not remove with rubbing alcohol.

Ultimately I am satisfied with how well the phone has held up to my abuse. I am not careful with it, but nor am I overly reckless. I have dropped it a handful of times on ceramic tile and hard wood without a case.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Droid DNA
    07-25-2013 01:41 PM
    My phone has been naked since forever
    I have one scratch on my screen that isn't noticeable visually but you can feel it sometimes and I have a little ding/dent/chip? on the top left corner from dropping it on concrete but that's all.

and with the storage I don't find too much of a problem with it but I'm going on a roadtrip tomorrow and wanted some music but I only had 5gigs of space left and thought that would be enough but I was horribly wrong
    07-25-2013 03:07 PM
    How my storage is looking. I need to clear out some unused Roms and stuff.

Jennifer Stough
    Forums Moderator
    Droid DNA
    Attached Thumbnails What condition is your phone in?-1374783218909.jpg  
    07-25-2013 03:13 PM
    My phone has a screen protector, and a low profile case. I have Dropped it several times. No problems at all. Some minor abrasions on the screen protector. Its all good so far.

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are
    07-25-2013 06:21 PM
    mine is still like new, never been dropped, no scratches, no nothing yet. ran without a case til about 3 weeks ago.
    07-25-2013 06:26 PM
    Screen protector and siedio case since day 1. Phone in perfect condition. I take it out to show it off naked but then the case goes back on. Love this phone. Plenty of ram for me but I dont do video or music on the device. Still brand new after 2 months.. hope that continues.
    07-25-2013 10:22 PM
    No case and only a screen protector since day 1. I take pretty good care of my phone and it has only taken one drop of about 2 feet to a tile floor. No scratches or dings anywhere that I can see. I am extremely satisfied with how little use the phone actually shows. As for storage, I dont keep much on here so I am no where near full.
    07-26-2013 07:22 AM
    screen protector and case as soon as they were available. My Droid DNA is in great shape, except for the mico-usb cover - the plastic piece has cracked into 2 pieces.
    07-26-2013 09:04 AM
    screen protector and case as soon as they were available. My Droid DNA is in great shape, except for the mico-usb cover - the plastic piece has cracked into 2 pieces.
    I have to fold it out a little to push it in to one side and slide it over to the other. I might have the same issue
    07-26-2013 10:16 AM
    I have to fold it out a little to push it in to one side and slide it over to the other. I might have the same issue
    Yes, I managed to crack it right in the middle. It still works, so, I leave it alone for now.
    07-26-2013 10:48 AM
    silicone cover since November, no screen protector, phone has zero scratches or dings.the usb port cover broke off,but i expected that.
    07-27-2013 06:31 AM
    silicone cover since November, no screen protector, phone has zero scratches or dings.the usb port cover broke off,but i expected that.
    What's the warranty policy regarding these things breaking?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-29-2013 02:19 AM
    I have not had a case on it since I bought it. There are some hairline scratches in the screen that can only be seen if the screen is off and you look carefully. I have dropped my phone onto some concrete a few times so there are some dings and scratches on the edges. I also had the left red grille come off the phone.

I keep forgetting to get a screen cover for it and I feel that a case will make the phone a bit too big for me. Otherwise the phone has held up very well to my everyday like life( I go camping)

Sent from my Carbon DNA
    07-29-2013 10:23 AM

Do not know,the cover not being there does not affect the phone in anyway.so have not pressed for a refurb.
    07-29-2013 04:07 PM
    Do not know,the cover not being there does not affect the phone in anyway.so have not pressed for a refurb.
    If I knew that it wouldn't affect the warranty I've got some pliers right here...
    07-29-2013 04:21 PM
    Mine broke off after two weeks.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app
    07-29-2013 07:17 PM

I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter at all for the warranty. If you want to get down, dirty and technical with regards to the letter of the warranty, then yes, it probably does void it, but phones have had those stupid little doors for years, and I've seen many phones with them gone, or with what's left of them still hanging on get replaced no problem. I ripped mine off the first time I plugged in my charger. Actually got lucky with it and didn't break it off so much as I was able to pull the whole thing straight out. Don't have a little plastic nub stuck in there! BTW, my DNA is in great shape. Cover since day one, so my red, matte finished back isn't soiled with skin oil. Screen protector since day 1 too, but that needs to be replaced. It's a bit scratched.
    07-30-2013 11:28 AM
    I'm fairly certain it doesn't matter at all for the warranty. If you want to get down, dirty and technical with regards to the letter of the warranty, then yes, it probably does void it, but phones have had those stupid little doors for years, and I've seen many phones with them gone, or with what's left of them still hanging on get replaced no problem. I ripped mine off the first time I plugged in my charger. Actually got lucky with it and didn't break it off so much as I was able to pull the whole thing straight out. Don't have a little plastic nub stuck in there! BTW, my DNA is in great shape. Cover since day one, so my red, matte finished back isn't soiled with skin oil. Screen protector since day 1 too, but that needs to be replaced. It's a bit scratched.
    Interesting. I really want to remove it but I think I'll wait until I get word of someone getting a replacement with their cover off.

Also, I took the leap. I'm using the phone without the case or a screen protector. I might come into possession of a galaxy nexus soon so I'll have a backup.

07-30-2013 01:58 PM
    Mine has been in a silicone case since day one. I don't have a screen protector. The usb cover never did shut right on mine (right out of the box), so I just removed it. No scratches on it. I keep the phone in an outer pocket of my purse.

I still love this phone!
    08-02-2013 09:36 AM
    had case for mine since first week. Upgraded to a seidio back and side look great. had a screen protectorfor a while but it peeled off acouple of weeks ago. Some scratches on screen but can only see those when screen is off. Still love this phone.
    08-02-2013 04:24 PM
    Mine is Excellent. Got mine in Nov and after 2 weeks I got a Zagg screen protector. It peeled off about 2 months ago and I've left it naked since then.
    During the day at work it sits in a generic horizontal belt holster.
    No scratches or dings so far, just the usual smudges on the back soft finish. The USB cover did come off about 2 months ago as well
    I liked it and tried to be careful but it broke one night. Overall very satisfied with the HTC hardware.
    08-02-2013 07:26 PM
    So far I've been lucky with the naked phone. I'm just gonna go naked and if I do break it I'll probably just pick up a galaxy nexus off swappa or something.

08-03-2013 01:58 AM
    So far I've been lucky with the naked phone. I'm just gonna go naked and if I do break it I'll probably just pick up a galaxy nexus off swappa or something.

I've been using a Seidio Active case, but no screen protector (the screen looks and feels too nice for one). But I can see why you have yours naked, since in my opinion it's one of the most beautiful phones (and underrated designs) on the entire market.

That said, I do have just one short but deep scratch towards the bottom of my display. It's usually invisible but can be felt with a fingernail.

Posted via Android Central App
    08-03-2013 06:33 AM
    I've been using a Seidio Active case, but no screen protector (the screen looks and feels too nice for one). But I can see why you have yours naked, since in my opinion it's one of the most beautiful phones (and underrated designs) on the entire market.

That said, I do have just one short but deep scratch towards the bottom of my display. It's usually invisible but can be felt with a fingernail.

Posted via Android Central App
    I've read that most of the scratches on GGII are just scratches in the oil covering, not the glass itself... I'm not sure what the difference is if the screen LOOKS and FEELS scratched, whether its the oil or the glass makes no difference.
    08-05-2013 12:05 PM
27 12