GPS not working with Carbon ROM

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Whenever I try to use Waze or Google Maps, it says that it is searching for GPS but never finds it. Just wondering if anybody has this issue as well or knows of a fix.

Thanks!

Edit: When I am connected to wifi, it has no problem, but when I am not connected to wifi it does.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I ran Carbon awhile back for a few weeks and don't remember any gps issues. I would check the carbon thread at xda for fixes or even ask your question there. Good luck

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 4

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I do not have permissions to post on the Carbon thread at the moment. Most likely need to increase my post count.... I did see that I could try a sense rom, get a GPS lock, and then without a turning the phone off, flash carbon and it should work... Trying that now actually.

By chance do you remember what version of carbon you where running and what kernel you had also?

Thanks a lot. I will start to get some posts on xda to post my question on there as well.

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I just want to update this thread: I got it working after trying what I posted last night.

Here are the steps I took in case somebody else is trying to get theirs to work:

1. Download the M7 Digital Dream Mod
  2. Wipe and flash it to your phone
  3. restart the phone
  4. Go into google maps and make sure you get a GPS lock
  5. Reboot into recovery
  6. wipe and flash the carbon ROM

Your GPS should be working after that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member