Goodbye DNA.... Hello One.....!

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I will miss this forum and may visit back to say hello every now and then.... But this time next week I will have traded in my DNA for the HTC One! Hopefully I can bring some life to the One's forums from my experience here. Love you all and hope we have similar phones again some day.....!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Good luck and hope you enjoy the ONE! I may join you keep going back and forth on if I should or Shouldn't :-\ Would love to have the extra storage and the great design but no software change has me on the fence.

johnowoss

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Really like the one but I'm going to wait to see what the HTC max will have. Hoping for big battery, snapdragon 800, and SD slot.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence about jumping to the One. Curious as to what is sealing the deal for you to switch... Sometimes I read through the reviews and features of the One and see a phone that is a good upgrade from my DNA. Other times I sit back and view it as an incremental upgrade and not worth making.

joansin

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I made a deal with a Verizon partner that they could keep a Windows phone and my upgrade as long as I got a phone that I want when it is released. Not going to get into all the details but I only have to pay $100 for the One and nothing else worth getting is coming anytime soon. I will let you all know my thoughts once I've have some worthy feedback. I love the DNA and its gorgeous display.... Going to a smaller screen is the only negative thing I can think of, everything else seems top notch!

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence about jumping to the One. Curious as to what is sealing the deal for you to switch... Sometimes I read through the reviews and features of the One and see a phone that is a good upgrade from my DNA. Other times I sit back and view it as an incremental upgrade and not worth making.

I'm doing the same thing. For me, I've already tried it out on Sprint and loved it. Had it for 10 days. For me, the camera is an upgrade from the DNA (I have sample shots from both) and the front-facing speakers were amazing. I also really need that extra space as I'm a crack flasher and 16GB doesn't cut it for me.

I'm truly hoping we get the Modaco Switch so I can freely switch between the Google Play Edition and the Sense 5 ROM.

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I just can't go back from a 5 inch phone with induction charging and it being a world phone. + I love the dna's feel. With of had the HTC ones speakers but I like to be able to replace plastic parts for cheap because I can't stand a dent or scratch.

Have fun with it. Used one and liked it alot just not enought to make me trade my DNA for one. But I do love the speakers.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Is the HTC one not a world phone? I assumed it was as most seem to be these days but this is important to me since I travel to Europe periodically for work. Does anyone know? I've not seen an official spec sheet for the Verizon version.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I'll probably be leaving the DNA in the future, but not for a One. My daughter has it for Tmobile, it's nice but I'm good with my DNA and NOS 4.2.2 Sense 5. But that LG G2 will be my next phone as of now, going to wait till the developers get it rooted and ROMs come out like I waited for the DNA (rooted and ROMed off eBay) and finally leaving my Gnex.

AZDROIDX

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
And like stated above by others, my son having a N4 and me a DNA. We have LG wireless charges pads all over the place and wouldn't get a phone without it in the future. As long as I can help it .

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Is the HTC one not a world phone? I assumed it was as most seem to be these days but this is important to me since I travel to Europe periodically for work. Does anyone know? I've not seen an official spec sheet for the Verizon version.

It's a world phone per the spec sheet on VZW.com. I couldn't find any confirmation either until today.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I just can't bring myself to even look at other phones right now. The DNA is the first Verizon phone I have ever had that I'm totally happy with.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Got the one.....wow! After a few hours of having the One I think the only thing I will miss is the DNA wireless charging (anyone want a good deal on some chargers???).

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Got the one.....wow! After a few hours of having the One I think the only thing I will miss is the DNA wireless charging (anyone want a good deal on some chargers???).

Just save your chargers because I'm sure you'll have a phone in the future that will use them. That's my plan :)

bignaz

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Issue for me is where I travel the lack of wcdma 850 and 900 of the one is a turn off as a world phone.

I used the Verizon one today still rather disappointed. My DNA was just as smooth of not smoother. Can on the one was nice but in the store useong HDR it was hard to see that the ones can was that mucj better ''get in low light and it will be much better''. But it just feels like to me the phone was over hyped. Nice speakers and can but they all aluminum clame is a bunch of bs because when I first picked one up when they came out I was like wow nice ALU.al around the edge you made it look just like white plastic.

Like the one. Using them side by side I still like the DNA it just feels better. And the big thing that has scared me off the one in terms of build quality was I personally seen one dropped and the ALU. at the corner in the top separated and looked 10x worse then the damage was. I love plastic. Its forgiving and feels good. Not Samsung crap plastic but HTC plastic.

To me the DNA would be the stuff if they made the front cleaner. Got rod of the hardware keys then ditched the Verizon logo and went with the all black and red look.

To me my next upgrade will be the LG G2 or the next Nexus assuming it has a Snapdragon 800 or better. When I upgrade I upgrade I try not to do a lateral move. I went form a galaxy nexus to a DNA.

All that said I think the DNA is a nice phone just missing some things that all high end flagship phones should have. Also I would of loved it to be 100% alu. And not have the plastic around the edges. Maybe they should of done a mostly ALU. phone and work in a composite like kevlar in the middle of the back for induction charging. All flagship phones sould have wireless charging.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084