New battery drain issues?

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else seeing a new wave of abnormal battery drain on their DNA? Like in the last week to 10 days? I was at a point, with Battery Guru installed especially, that I could get close to 18 hours of battery on a day of light usage. Yesterday I barely touched the phone all day, and last night it simply died - after about 10 hours.

I think the usage seems to be in the wonderfully specific "Google Services" category ...

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anybody else seeing a new wave of abnormal battery drain on their DNA? Like in the last week to 10 days? I was at a point, with Battery Guru installed especially, that I could get close to 18 hours of battery on a day of light usage. Yesterday I barely touched the phone all day, and last night it simply died - after about 10 hours.

I think the usage seems to be in the wonderfully specific "Google Services" category ...
Google Services could definitely be an issue. Could you post a screenshot of your battery usage the next time you near low battery life?

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I bought Wave live wallpaper and noticed significant battery drain even when the phone was in sleep mode, but it registered under Android Kernel according to GSam. Other than that though, I haven't noticed anything abnormal. You're old school at this Android thing, so I'm sure you've taken all of the regular steps like Restarting your phone, clearing the cache of all apps with an app like cache cleaner, and checking all recently installed apps, so I'm afraid to say that if it keeps up, you might have to do a factory reset. Not fun, but it should fix the problem at least.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I noticed today that I'm having sync issues with Gmail. I don't know why, but I had to uncheck it to get it to stop constantly trying to sync.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Google Services could definitely be an issue. Could you post a screenshot of your battery usage the next time you near low battery life?

I sure will - thanks for asking. Probably won't be until the weekend, but definitely.

I also suspect the Verizon Messaging app. They posted an update recently that supposedly fixed battery drain issues in a previous update, but I wonder if they didn't get it all ....

Shawn_S

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I noticed today that I'm having sync issues with Gmail. I don't know why, but I had to uncheck it to get it to stop constantly trying to sync.

I'm having the exact opposite. I keep having to check the sync box in GMail settings. Once or twice a day :mad:

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech