Looking for opinions on Roms for DNA

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Who's running sense5 and 4.3? Or 4.2.2??? Which ones are stable and completely working? Thanks, I'm on nos m7 4.1 now. Lets hear all about how much better or worse it has been for your DNA . Josh

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

jgraves12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm running Vanir with crpalmers kernel, killer combo. Everything's fast and fluid, great gaming performance, and its not too hard on the battery either. Yesterday I got 12 hours with a little over 3 hours of screen on time and I was playing a lot of dead trigger 2. Gotta say I'm liking it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

jgraves12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Not that I've ran into. But it is based on cyanogenmod so it'll have all the same bugs it has. Bluetooth may be wacky but I don't know because I don't use it.

kevin5377

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Viper is great for a sense ROM. The most stable I've used. It's Sense5 and 4.2.2. If you're looking for AOSP, I highly recommend Carbon. I believe their up to 4.3, however it's an unofficial for now, but I know CM got a DNA recently so they may have an official in the near future.

Sent from my Carbonized Nexus 7

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm also running Viper. I really like the customization options in it, though aside from that, nothing else different in terms of battery or performance vs. NOS. I suppose one would be the headphone jack bug where the Notification Light would stay on after unplugging something from the headphone jack. That's not an issue on Viper.

As for AOSP, I guess it depends on what you want to do in terms of customization, but I would personally grab Cyanogenmod once they have a stable release, as right now it's all nightlies.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I've been thinking about just an update to nos 4.2.x. I know that newt has that.

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Yeah, you really can't go wrong with either. Like I said, the Notification Light was super annoying for me on NOS, so that was the only big downside. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like he'll be updating NOS until 4.3/4.4 comes/leaks out.

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Slightly off-topic, but back when I was on Sprint, there were some rare cases when someone could lose their 4G/WiMax Keys when flashing a ROM, thus rendering WiMax useless. Does anyone know if that kind of "loss" is a WiMax-only concern, or could that happen with Verizon's LTE, as well?

jgraves12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've heard of people getting stuck in roaming after flashing a ROM but that can usually be fixed by switching their CDMA subscription from NV to RUIM/SIM. And if that doesn't fix it a RUU and factory reset from the stock recovery does.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Been using Bad Seed Customs 4.2 for a long time and have very little negative to say about it. In fact, I only reboot the phone on the average of maybe once every 4-6 weeks because I see something acting strange.
-AJ

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Although Newt is no longer developing for the DNA, his last posted stable ROM contained both Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 and Sense 5. This is a very stable ROM.

Posted via Android Central App

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I have it waiting on my computer...just haven't flashed it yet...maybe this week. You using it?

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Although this is an older thread, I thought I'd update it with another stable ROM. I'm currently running Santod40's NuSenseONE MAX ROM, which is using Sense 5.5 and Android Kit Kat 4.4.2. I haven't found anything that doesn't work, including Google Wallet tap and pay (there's also appears to be a build.prop fix for ISIS).

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA using the NuSenseONE MAX ROM 5.5/4.4.2 via Android Central App

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Since the end of February.

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA using the NuSenseONE MAX ROM 5.5/4.4.2 via Android Central App

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
For anyone interested, there is a new ROM available for the HTC Droid DNA. KICKDROID which is Sense 6 and Android 4.4.2

Posted with my HTC Droid DNA running KICKDROID Sense 6/4.4.2 ROM via Android Central App

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I was browsing kickdroid on xda....any problems or fc's that you've noticed? I'm going to flash it today or tomorrow....
I have a confession tho...been on the nos m7 Rom....for 10 months, since moonshine became available...

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilsgutkowski