Droid DNA update

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm not loving the new ringtones and notification sounds. I miss my old ones. Also these new ones don't seem to be as loud as before.

I missed them too. 3 actually. So I did a little searching and found one of the members of XDA kindly offered to the masses Sense 4.1 ringtones and notification zips. Installed them and now I'm a happy camper.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is making good point about the good feelings about the update.

To those who would prefer to go back I can understand your feelings as well. Just m2c is that the www is always changing the way it works. Patches, fixes and the like that programmers come up with are necessary.

And until they come up ways to easily plug your favorite parts of a UI together into any OS. Just keep dreaming.

Your Smartphone is only as Smart as you are

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I like Sense 5 more than I thought I would. I do however miss a few things.
1. 4x1 Previous styled Clock/Weather widget (not just Black&White)
2. Themes, they could have given us just a few color options. I like matching it to my wallpaper.
3. Would be nice to not have blink feed at all and get and additional screen instead.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I like Sense 5 more than I thought I would. I do however miss a few things.

3. Would be nice to not have blink feed at all and get and additional screen instead.

Have you tried going into Settings/Personalize/Home Screen Style/Traditional? You can turn off Blink Feed there, and then go to Personalize/Customize Home Screen and click "Add Panel" on the top of the screen to add home screens.

- - - Updated - - -

I missed them too. 3 actually. So I did a little searching and found one of the members of XDA kindly offered to the masses Sense 4.1 ringtones and notification zips. Installed them and now I'm a happy camper.

Would you happen to have the link for the ringtones zip? Thanks in advance.

wernd

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I think all my notifications sounds have stayed the same and I have separate ones for everything. sms, email, gmail, hangouts, etc

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so how do I separate the phone ringtone and notification volume?

I looked under sounds and by using the settings wheel after adjusting the volume, but they are still linked.

Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. The phone ringtone and notification are still connected. My fault for not paying better attention.

Attachments

• 1386643279489.jpg
    1386643279489.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 37

donsmith1964

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site

If you could provide a link, I would really appreciate it.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk 4

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I guess I misunderstood. The phone ringtone and notification are still connected. My fault for not paying better attention.

No worries. I just thought that I'd missed something somehow.

It's not a huge issue anyway, but it'd be nice to turn notifications down at night while leaving the ringer up.

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Let me try to redeem myself. I use an app called Silent Time by Quite Hypnotic. It allows me to turn off the volume but still accept phone calls from any numbers I choose, so that I don't have to hear notifications but still get calls from certain friends and family. It's free if you want to give it a shot and hopefully it fits the bill of what you're looking for.

Sent from my Asus TF1000000T

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Let me try to redeem myself. I use an app called Silent Time by Quite Hypnotic. It allows me to turn off the volume but still accept phone calls from any numbers I choose, so that I don't have to hear notifications but still get calls from certain friends and family. It's free if you want to give it a shot and hopefully it fits the bill of what you're looking for.

Sent from my Asus TF1000000T

Thanks for the info on that app! I have ring scheduler, which can mute, and lower/raise the ring volume based on a schedule, but that doesn't include exceptions, so I could never mute completely at night. It always made me nervous with kids/grandchildren. Silent Time looks like what I needed.

mb221

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't seem to find a way to change the colors in my SMS. Previously there was a Personalize option but it is no longer visible. From All messages when I select Settings>General I get an error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.mms has stopped." So I'm not sure if the options are in there or what.

phoenixone

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Can't seem to find a way to change the colors in my SMS. Previously there was a Personalize option but it is no longer visible. From All messages when I select Settings>General I get an error "Unfortunately, the process com.android.mms has stopped." So I'm not sure if the options are in there or what.

I checked mine and I get no errors. Bad download maybe? If so, not sure how to fix that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance