Separate lock screen wallpaper with KitKat?

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Can't find a way to have a different lock screen wallpaper than on the home page anymore. I've seen other phones with KitKat have this problem, some of them claim to have figured it out but since we just got the update none of those are applicable to the DNA. Is anyone able to change it independently of the home wallpaper or is it just me?

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the apps that appear on the lock screen when one wakes up the phone? I currently have 4 icons showing, but two of them are the Android Guy and simply take me to the home screen when I slide them to unlock the screen. The other two icons are the camera and Whatsapp icons that take me directly to those apps when I slide them to unlock the screen. I want to figure out how to change the two Android guys to something useful. Thanks!

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
If you're talking about the ones at the bottom of the screen, they are tied to the ones you have at the bottom when you unlock the phone. If they aren't showing up right, maybe take them out and replace. To do this, hold down on the one you want to move and slide it up to a home screen. You can replace 4 of them. I believe the center stays the same. To replace, hold an icon from the home screen and slide it down.

Hope this helps.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I was hoping you were right, but changing them on the home screen did not do anything different on the lock screen. I even restarted the phone.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I was hoping you were right, but changing them on the home screen did not do anything different on the lock screen. I even restarted the phone.

That's very odd. Try a couple more restarts. One of those came up on mine in place of the call button, but a restart fixed it.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Nope. The apps I have on my home screen are the Google Camera, Chomp SMS, Phone, and Whatsapp. The ones that show on the lock screen are Whatsapp, the HTC camera app, and the Android Guy twice.

coachdvc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I think the reason why certain apps aren't showing properly on my lock screen in the dock area is because I'm using Google Now Launcher instead of the HTC Launcher.

Cyco9

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm pretty sure you're right. I was having the same issue and I run Nova as my launcher. I switched over to the Sense launcher in the personalize menu and removed the icons from that dock all together then switched back to Nova.

I would have just swapped for my usual icons but Sense isn't compatible with Nox (icon app) and I don't care for the default look. Now it's just a clean look on the lock screen. I never really used the apps from the lock screen anyways.

On a side note, I'm really not happy with the way these updates have slowly stripped away features like the custom lock screens and the themes features all together. Still love the phone but I don't know why they're taking away features instead of adding them. Kind of a bummer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR