4.4.2 update and SMS apps

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else have more than one SMS app? They apparently can't be made to work together anymore. You HAVE to set one as a default, and that renders the others useless. The Verizon Messaging app won't sync across devices if something else is set as default now. You can't send anything out with Handcent if something else is set as default. They have screwed up everything here.

This update may go down as one of HTC's worst blunders ever.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

woodsb123

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me thinking this way, but, why would you need to use multiple sms apps? And if you do need to use multiple ones, couldn't you just go back into the settings option and select the one you want to use from the list as you need them.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's just me thinking this way, but, why would you need to use multiple sms apps? And if you do need to use multiple ones, couldn't you just go back into the settings option and select the one you want to use from the list as you need them.

I use Handcent for texting on the phone. I use the Verizon messaging app on my Nexus 10. The Verizon app on the phone will not sync with the Verizon server (after this update, that is) unless it is set as the default messaging app. However I don't want to use it to actually text with, I just want to sync with it - as I have been since the app came out. Switching the default app setting back and forth is ridiculous and shouldn't have be the way to accomplish something that was simple before the update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance