Massive battery drain since 4.4.2 on Droid DNA

reaper88

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
i am seeing massive battery issues since this kitkat update.Like 10% or more an hour with light usage..anyone else have any issues?

parallax2

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
None here, I'm actually seeing some improvement. Went 13 hours (with only wi-fi on) just doing basic texting and some phone calls and was at 90% still left.

Buickman

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I've seen zero change in battery usage on mine. Been running it since the first hour it was available and the last few days my battery has been about 20% at the end of a 16 hour day just like before the update.

Posted via Android Central App

gbororats

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
My android system is using 80% in the first hour off the charger and I'm already down 10% battery...is this GPS maybe?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Seems slightly worse, but Ive been on it alot more since the update. Once it settles back in and I go back to using it how I normally do, Im sure I will make it my usual 2 days before charging.

reaper88

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Turning off my gps has helped, i dont understand why i never turned it off before. Im trying to wipe the cache to see it that helps. Found these instructions on how to do it.

• Boot into recovery
• Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
• When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
• When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
• Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
• When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
• Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
• Select "Reboot system now"

cegabq

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure; I'm at 41% after 13+ hours; probably consider my usage light: keeping up with 3email accounts; some mapping, some Kindle reading; some GPS tracking; (no music or video streaming)

SlickShoes

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
When the triangle and exclamation mark comes up, I couldn't get the second menu to come up, how long do you hold volume up and power. The soft keys flash like 20 times and the phone just reboots normally.

dasaucemasta

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't this seem like a really percentage of battery use from phone radio? I don't remember my phone using anywhere near that much before. My battery is dying much faster after the update

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1398721058273.jpg
    1398721058273.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 53

Fraggle79

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
10hr 43min off charge and I'm at 80% with some Reddit, Flipboard, and Facebook at lunch and regular sync for emails, weather, ect.
Only on Wifi about 1 hr. Battery usage is about the same for me. Signal showing appears lower but my quality hasn't changed so I think it's
just representing a more accurate signal strength on the bars.

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I did a system reset, kept music/pics, and so far that has shown some good improvement. I also obviously once again disabled everything app wise I don't use.

Obviously it was a bit annoying to have to set everything up to my liking again, but oh well.

reaper88

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Doesn't this seem like a really percentage of battery use from phone radio? I don't remember my phone using anywhere near that much before. My battery is dying much faster after the update

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Mine shows about the same % used for phone radio as well..im almost convinced thats whats killing my battery

Dice Nitty

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
has anyone noticed that with this 4.4.2 update on the Droid DNA that the data just randomly drops and also during a conference call you cannot flash or hang up on the last called party??? what gives??? this update seems like a downgrade!!! please comment!

Andy19

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I actually just had this happen not too long ago. It said I was in "voice roaming" and I have no idea how. I've had my phone disconnect a few times, but I thought it was my friend's.

liquid29

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been hit by it too, although it seems very intermittent. I've seen the little circular arrows stay in the top bar for hours, can't find a reason why as I haven't changed my usage of the device. I keep a charger in the car, and have one at the office, so it hasn't been more than an annoyance yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463