Post Update SIM issue

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My daughter's phone updated last night. Since the update she is getting a " SIM not able to beer in use for this device". Tried a power cycle, a hard reset, and wiped. Still not working. Ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
My daughter's phone updated last night. Since the update she is getting a " SIM not able to beer in use for this device". Tried a power cycle, a hard reset, and wiped. Still not working. Ideas?

Posted via Android Central App

I've experienced this issue. I found what helped me (though I don't believe it fully removed the issue) was removing the SIM Card and cleaning it. Turn off the phone, remove the SIM Card Tray, do NOT touch the contacts. Tak a soft-used-clean eraser from a pencil and, away from the phone, out of the card tray, rub the eraser lightly over the contacts. This will remove any hand grease/oils that may have been on the contacts from the factory (I had this issue, where there was a finger print on the SIM). There will be criticism of this method, but as long as you don't leave shavings on the card, tray, or in the phone, you should be good. Give it a shot. Similar methods are used (VERY CAREFULLY) to clean contacts on RAM, PCI/etc cards, SD Cards, SLR Camera contacts and lens contacts, etc etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2