Droid HTC DNA 3G and 4G Issue

rasanders1960

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to force or make default for a 4G signal? It seems my phone, since the recent upgrade wants to resort to 3G most of the time here at home when it was always or mostly on 4G in the past. I've done the reboot (not the short quick version) and switching on and off to airplane mode, and I still get the problem. My wife's phone stays on 4G most of the time, yet mine doesn't. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to force or make default for a 4G signal? It seems my phone, since the recent upgrade wants to resort to 3G most of the time here at home when it was always or mostly on 4G in the past. I've done the reboot (not the short quick version) and switching on and off to airplane mode, and I still get the problem. My wife's phone stays on 4G most of the time, yet mine doesn't. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)
Welcome to the forums!

Does your Wife's phone get a strong 4G signal or is it a very weak signal? If it's weak, then that may mean your devices antenna is not picking up the signal, which could be a result of difference in hardware design. It's very common.

If she gets a strong signal, then try going into settings > networks and choose the appropriate one.

lpmitchell

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I've had the same issue since the last update. My phone rarely connects at 4G now, it's mostly 3G or 1X. It was never great before but now it's all the time. I guess we need to contact customer service as I'm sure there have been reports of this.

dnafog

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Under settings <mobile data> is "preferred networks"
My setting was on "Global"
I changed it to "LTE/CDMA"
Hope this helps

It would be nice to have a resource that let us know what the difference is.

Good luck

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca