My Droid DNA is not detected by my laptop

joseyp

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago worked fine. I plugged in my phone to my laptop, I would transfer pictures and music in and out no problem.

Now I plug it in, and my laptop says "USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED"
I go into Device Manager, and it has a little yellow sign next to it and it says "Unknown Device"
I uninstall it, restart my laptop and try again but nothing.
I install HTC Device Manager, and still nothing. My phone is charging but my laptop cant see its my phone.

I tried it on my dads laptop, same thing.

Any ideas what it could be? My theory is the phone and not the laptop but I could be wrong.

William Hamann

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had this issue ever since the 4.4.2 update. My phone had worked fine all the way up to the update, then all of a sudden, it became an unknown device. I searched and searched online, and all the information I found pointed to driver issues. However, after installing 5 or 6 different driver packs, including HTC Sync manager, my PC still will not recognize the phone. Apparently the Galaxy and Nexus devices also had this issue, however, their resolutions looked simple and clear cut, where as it seems the HTC resolution works for some people and not for others.

I've given up and am looking forward to the day I can switch to a different manufacturer in a few months.

vernotzy21

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I would re-flash a custom rom with a cd-rom partion with drivers on that some roms have it some don't stick with stock based rom?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke