Is there another way to turn my Droid DNA on?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The power button on my droid DNA has broken, so I was wondering if there was another way to turn it on?
Thanks.
Here is one app that allows you to use Volume buttons to wake the device: Power button to volume button - Google Play Store. Read through it and make sure you understand what it does and how to use it. The side effect is that it needs to keep the device awake, so you may see a decrease in battery life. Either way, it's something to use in the interim until you can find something better or get the power button fixed.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If the phone is completely off... I would try using maybe a precision flathead to pop the power button off, and then depress the button manually. After that, you could try the app that allows you to use the volume rockers to wake the device.

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a LG phone on gingerbread, if the phone is completely off plugging in and unplugging asa you see the logo should turn it on. But maybe not, it worked for my LG....

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried every which way to Sunday and couldn't get my DNA to turn on no matter how I plugged it in and then unplugged. Sorry, disregard my previous comment

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke