Why isn't my voice and text working on my Droid DNA?

Silver90

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Droid DNA Mooving to Consumer Cellular

I'm using Consumer Cellular on a test basis to determine if the DNA will function on their network, if so I will transfer three phones. Cost is about half of Verizon. So far, voice and text is working great. Data is working, but not 4G LTE. I'm getting HPSA and 3G with speeds of 0.66 to 6 GB. I was getting 20-25 on Verizon. I also cannot get MMS to work, I get generic network failure. Below are the latest APN settings CC provided to me to get LTE. Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Name: consumercellular
APN: ccdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
User Name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http:/ / mmsc.mobile.att.net (extra spaces not in APN)
MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port: 80
MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication Type: None
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota
APN Enable/disable: Checked, but grayed out
Bearer: Unspecified

Rapunzl

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're using a Verizon phone, the LTE is on a different band, and their bootloader is locked. There is currently no way to get LTE, but you will get HSPA+, which I understand is quite comparable in speed.

Silver90

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I have switched three phones to Consumer Cellular and I'm pleased with the performance and the cost savings. $128 monthly down to $76. The 3G speed is slower, but I use about 1G monthly so it's not a big deal. I started using Messenger app and the MMS is not a problem now. I spoke to about five different tech support personnel and each tried to fix the problem. Only one tried to blow me off quickly. Abut three days after I switched everything, I got a call from tech support from a higher level tech and they tried to fix it one more time and also failed, but I appreciated the call back. I suspect the bootlogger is the problem also and I'm going to investigate the benefits of unlocking it. It was also a real pain to close my account with Verizon. They wanted to charge me through the end of the period even though I didn't have a contract. They did back off.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm using Consumer Cellular on a test basis to determine if the DNA will function on their network, if so I will transfer three phones. Cost is about half of Verizon. So far, voice and text is working great. Data is working, but not 4G LTE. I'm getting HPSA and 3G with speeds of 0.66 to 6 GB. I was getting 20-25 on Verizon. I also cannot get MMS to work, I get generic network failure. Below are the latest APN settings CC provided to me to get LTE. Thanks, any help will be appreciated.

Name:consumercellular
APN:ccdata
Proxy:Not set
Port:Not set
User Name:Not set
Password:Not set
Server:Not set
MMSC:http:/ / mmsc.mobile.att.net (extra spaces not in APN)
MMS Proxy:proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS Port:80
MMS protocol:WAP 2.0
MCC:310
MNC:410
Authentication Type: None
APN type:default,mms,agps,supl,fota
APN Enable/disable:Checked, but grayed out
Bearer:Unspecified

You could try changing the APN type. Below is a screenshot of my APN settings, as you'll see, my APN is different than the one that you are using. I am on AT&T, which is what Consumer Cellular is on. Try to see what happens when you change your APN type with the setting in my screenshot. There are NO spaces after the commas. Also, the above poster was correct, you will not get 4G LTE, the best you'll get is HSPA+ which is first generation 4G, or 3.5G. Lol

Sent from my GPE 5.1 HTC DROID DNA.

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
It helps to remember to attach the screenshot lol.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 7

Silver90

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the posting. I have kept playing with the settings. My wife's DNA is working fine, but my stopped sending or receiving MMS. I finally hit on a setting set that works. We're both using Messenger for MMS messages. I find if I'm in a low service area, the MMS messages might hang up, but will come I later when I het a high service area or WiFi. Here are the settings that are working for me.

Droid DNA Working Settings.jpg

Imnutsnj

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Droid DNA Mooving to Consumer Cellular

I'm glad to see you have it working. I see that cingular Web address show up a lot on services that use the AT&T system.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995