Hey guys,

So, my DNA actually was in the process of dying a couple months ago, but since MWC was right around the corner, I simply held off for a bit to see what it would bring.
    I'm still trying to decide, but in either case, I need to get my data off of my DNA.

It should still be accessible; Specifically, it is the battery that is dying.
    It started to expand, and I noticed that the screen was beginning to bulge out in the middle. At the point that I noticed it, I turned off the phone, and it's been sitting powered down ever since.

I'm pretty sure it should still be able to go for a little while longer before it fails completely, and so I can probably hook it up to my PC to grab the data off.

However, I'm not sure what exactly is the best way to do so.
    Is there a specific folder where most of the data resides, or should I simply copy literally everything from the root directory?
    I suppose I could just copy everything, but I do want this operation completed as quickly as possible, so I want to avoid unnecessary data.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    04-16-2015 12:10 PM
    Much of the data is inaccessible unless you're rooted. Use Helium to back up all your app data, then back up its folder (it's named carbon) to your computer. Read Backing up an Android Phone for more info.
    04-16-2015 03:09 PM
    Whoops, been a few days, but I finally got around to trying this.

It took some messing around to get Helium to actually work, but thanks for the suggestion; I think I've gotten all the stuff backed up now. Titanium Backup seems to require root, which I haven't felt like doing since this phone is more or less dead anyway.

Will see if I can restore that data successfully or not whenever I get a new phone and set it up.
    04-23-2015 06:05 PM